iOS 13 Developer Beta 1

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hitting retry worked for me. Search isn’t working and I can’t figure out where updates moved to.

Also trying to figure out how the fonts work.

I haven’t had any major issues so far today. Settings crashes when trying to view my keyboards.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
App Store is down

Yep it’s down...

https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/#mn_p

7144e5fae16dbe61b923d3c935d5ab4b.jpg

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Update my watch 4 gps to watchos6 and so far everything ok !
But some app are slow to open...

It took almost 2 hours to complete.

7935df98c6428e3bf386200a91ba7e0d.jpg

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Hitting retry worked for me. Search isn’t working and I can’t figure out where updates moved to.

I haven’t had any major issues so far today. Settings crashes when trying to view my keyboards.

I don’t think fonts are available yet, and as for app updates, tap your profile circle icon on the top right of the App Store. (It was a really weird place to move it to!)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Updates?

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Can't believe I can download files from a web browser and save them wherever I want. What a dream come freaking true.

I know! You can also unzip files now.

I’m also loving “Silence Unknown Callers”. I usually get around ten spam calls a day. Today I haven’t gotten any. So glad i held off on changing my phone number.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This new beta is more stable than I had anticipated. I’ve had two or three resprings with a couple of apps, but they’ve since settled in and have run without incident. One thing is for certain, it’s stable enough to continue being my daily driver. Well done, Apple...

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
This new beta is more stable than I had anticipated. I’ve had two or three resprings with a couple of apps, but they’ve since settled in and have run without incident. One thing is for certain, it’s stable enough to continue being my daily driver. Well done, Apple...

This is what I was afraid of, but with the smoothness of it so far it worth keeping as a daily!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is what I was afraid of, but with the smoothness of it so far it worth keeping as a daily!

Don’t be afraid. The resprings were minor. One was to NordVPN, that has not happened since and the other was to a work-related app. Everything else has been great to this point.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I have question about backup iCloud.
If I take an Icloud backup of my iPad identifie as "iPad11i12" before the iOS 13 update.
After the update if I rename my iPad "iPad1qi13" will it start a new backup or crush the backup before the update ?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have question about backup iCloud.
If I take an Icloud backup of my iPad identifie as "iPad11i12" before the iOS 13 update.
After the update if I rename my iPad "iPad1qi13" will it start a new backup or crush the backup before the update ?

You can rename it however you want after making a backup. The backup will simply override that change with how it was at the time of creating the backup.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Now my iPad Pro 11 is updated to iPadOS 13 !
Trying the slide over thing with an app it’s seem that we can’t hide it to the right side anymore... or there a new way I don’t know to hide it to the right side... ?

Ok I just found out that you got to drag the app bye the very edge of the left corner of the app !

Good cause without that it was not very functional...

Last edited:

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if we’re combining the discussion here for iPadOS 13, but Sidecar functionality is awesome!

Moreover, I have to say that iPadOS 13 is running smoother on my iPad Pro 12.9 than it is on my iPhone. No fatal bugs, just some small glitches that I tend to see on my iPhoneX, where as my iPad is running incredibly smoothly all around!

e18a6ab7e4c3bcde44ae603f882fe4fa.jpg

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi—

Could you or someone do me a favor and use the Safari or Chrome browser to log on to this site:

https://athenanet.athenahealth.com

It’s an electronic health record site that generally won’t open with primary beta versions of iOS. When iOS 12 was in beta before being released, the site would give a message that beta iOS wasn’t supported. With 12.1+ betas it was OK.

I just need to know if it will go to the login screen in iOS or instead just crash. If it opens to the login screen, then enter a short fake username and some made up password. If it tells you the username and/or password is incorrect, then it’s working.

I can’t install the beta if it won’t let me login.

Thank very much!

Are you on the EHR field? I work with Epic, but have several friends that are Athena Analysts.

Just upgraded my iPad 11", so far no issues. I can confirm that F5 Access VPN client works just fine (we use web auth around it), and also tested Microsoft Remote Desktop that also works fine. Love the new volume bar, no longer in the middle of the content you are trying to watch, performance appears very good, no real show stoppers yet.

Here are my apps that I've confirmed at least launch and can perform main functions:

F5 Access VPN, Microsoft Remote Desktop, Spark mail, Telegram, Things 3, Facebook, Microsoft Teams, Plex, Pocket Cast, Prime Video, Mindnode, Microsoft inTune (MDM), 1password, Kayo, Westpac, Facebook Messenger, Netflix, Cisco Jabber (make video).

Issues I've found
Feedly has a scrolling issue, just choose smooth scrolling not paged and all is fixed.

This is exactly what I need!! I use F5 & Microsoft Remote Desktop all the time & I was worried about them not working. So glad they’re working well.