iOS 13 Developer Beta 1

Jumpman89

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Hilarious troll job by Apple. New iOS 13 Beta 1 only available by iTunes install forcing us to use it one last time before they send it to Castle Black.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I got home a few minutes ago and I have about 90 seconds left with the download. Once it’s done, I’m going to backup my iPhone X to iTunes and then load up iOS 13. I didn’t see the keynote, but I’m pumped for new iOS version. I’ll update this thread when I’m done.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
This may be a silly question, but I haven't used iTunes to instal iOS in a while - when using the Restore Images, will the update force me to set up the phone "as new" and restore my device from a backup, or will it install iOS like every OTA beta where the device still has all of my data on it without needing to restore from backup?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This may be a silly question, but I haven't used iTunes to instal iOS in a while - when using the Restore Images, will the update force me to set up the phone "as new" and restore my device from a backup, or will it install iOS like every OTA beta where the device still has all of my data on it without needing to restore from backup?

Typically, you do not have to set it up as new, but I always do with a brand new full iOS version. The problem I’m running into is not being able to get iOS 13 installed on my iPhone X. The ipsw file downloaded without a problem, but iTunes states that its needs a file to be downloaded but then state the file could not be found on the server.

Just in case, I’m redownloading the ipsw file again. Heck, it doesn’t even see a beta profile to install.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Typically, you do not have to set it up as new, but I always do with a brand new full iOS version. The problem I’m running into is not being able to get iOS 13 installed on my iPhone X. The ipsw file downloaded without a problem, but iTunes states that its needs a file to be downloaded but then state the file could not be found on the server.

Just in case, I’m redownloading the ipsw file again. Heck, it doesn’t even see a beta profile to install.

Did you also download Xcode beta 11? I haven’t tried installing yet - currently downloading the profiles and Xcode beta 11 on my Mac - then I will he updating to Catalina and then trying to install to my iPhoneX.

I was going to wait, but I made the mistake of downloading watchOS 6 and it reset my Apple Watch (iPhone must be on iOS 13 for watchOS 6 to work apparently)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you also download Xcode beta 11? I haven’t tried installing yet - currently downloading the profiles and Xcode beta 11 on my Mac - then I will he updating to Catalina and then trying to install to my iPhoneX.

I was going to wait, but I made the mistake of downloading watchOS 6 and it reset my Apple Watch (iPhone must be on iOS 13 for watchOS 6 to work apparently)

I have not attempted to download any other file. I see beta profiles for everything except iOS 13 and iPadOS. I’m going to go on a hunch and restart my MacBook Pro and then try again.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

On a mac, if you hold option and then click on the update button it will let you browse for the file and install without wiping your phone, just like an OTA update does. At least thats how its worked in the past - havent done it yet today to confirm.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I’m currently downloading the macOS Catalina beta. Afterwards, I’ll install iOS 13. Thanks....

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Exactly why I’m holding off. I’ll experiment with iPadOS but I’ll have to wait to install anything on my daily driver.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I have downloaded the iOS 13 ipsw file for my iPhone 8.
So do we have also to install MacOS Catalina beta 1 to install iOS 13 ipsw file on the iPhone or we can do it with iTunes of Mojave ?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
So do we have also to install MacOS Catalina beta 1 to install iOS 13 ipsw file on the iPhone or we can do it with iTunes of Mojave ?

I’m installing Catalina to be safe.

I don’t think it’s a prerequisite, but the developer website does state that Xcode beta 11 must be installed (and I’ve properly installed Xcode beta 11 on Mojave, it does not require Catalina)

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

I’m installing Catalina to be safe.

I don’t think it’s a prerequisite, but the developer website does state that Xcode beta 11 must be installed (and I’ve properly installed Xcode beta 11 on Mojave, it does not require Catalina)

You just need xcode beta 11 or Catalina

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Got it installed and am loading up my apps and rearranging my home screens. So far so good.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m really thinking about installing it. I usually hold off a little on the Mac betas but I’m a little antsy LOL

I’m sure. Right now, I’m just clicking on the native apps to see the changes and to make sure they all work properly.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you use Catalina or xCode?

I upgraded my MBP to Catalina and almost lost mind when I clicked on the Music (old iTunes) icon and didn’t see the things I would typically see in regard to my iPhone...(laughing).

In other words, in order for me to restore my device and install the new iOS 13 beta, I had to select Finder. The device is listed there and when you click on it, it displays the way iTunes use to display it.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded my MBP to Catalina and almost lost mind when I clicked on the Music (old iTunes) icon and didn’t see the things I would typically see in regard to my iPhone...(laughing).

In other words, in order for me to restore my device and install the new iOS 13 beta, I had to select Finder. The device is listed there and when you click on it, it displays the way iTunes use to display it.

Thanks for making my life easy lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh