Who’s taking the iOS 13 plunge?

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Anybody else having an issue with logging in using Google trough apps (see below)? When I get to the actual login screen my keyboard stops working, regardless of what app I’m using.
3b550b605792c9be0913044714d347ba.jpg

I just did it with Pinterest and it worked fine logged in with Google and Facebook, but I suggest like other said create your own email and login do not use social media or Google to log into accounts not recommended in my opinion.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I just did it with Pinterest and it worked fine logged in with Google and Facebook, but I suggest like other said create your own email and login do not use social media or Google to log into accounts not recommended i opinion.

I’ve been using Google for a loooooooong time and I’m honestly quite fine using them to log in if it saves me time. Thanks for the advice though.

Are you, by chance, using a third party keyboard or are you using stock?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I just did it with Pinterest and it worked fine logged in with Google and Facebook, but I suggest like other said create your own email and login do not use social media or Google to log into accounts not recommended in my opinion.

Do we have definitive evidence that supports this notion that logging in via Google is unsafe? Sounds more like FUD than anything else. I utilize Google for authentication regularly and aside from unfounded fears spread by folks, I've seen no reason to discontinue that practice. Any website, service or app that contains sensitive and extremely personal information uses far more secure methods of authentication anyway.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I'll wait until PB 2 or 3 probably. I also only install it on my spare device, not my daily.

With not using iTunes anymore, how would you restore a backup to iOS 12? I haven't seen this posted, but I also haven't read everything.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll wait until PB 2 or 3 probably. I also only install it on my spare device, not my daily.

With not using iTunes anymore, how would you restore a backup to iOS 12? I haven't seen this posted, but I also haven't read everything.

Unless I’m missing something, you can still use iTunes to revert back to iOS 12. After all, I used iTunes to install iOS 13.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I installed Beta 1 on launch day. I have mixed emotions about it so far. I may downgrade back to 12.4 v3. I have it downloaded and ready to install. For me personally I've been having far too many restarts and my screen has frozen a few times. Being on my daily driver I think I'll give it one more day to test. I will probably wait for beta 2 to release and give it a try again.

Your either in or your out. It’s a beta 1 and should expect a lot of issues. 3 more months until this is fully baked. Sounds like betas aren’t for you. And betas 2 and 3 tend to break more than it fixes in these summer betas. Usually don’t start stabilizing until betas 4 or so.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah if Xcode 11 is installed than you can use iTunes on older OS to install. Or having Catalina you can install with iTunes without Xcode. Since I won’t install Catalina beta, I went the first route.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah if Xcode 11 is installed than you can use iTunes on older OS to install. Or having Catalina you can install with iTunes without Xcode. Since I won’t install Catalina beta, I went the first route.

That’s what I thought. Either way iTunes is involved in the process.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
A small but welcome change.

The positive feedback is making me want to install the beta on my iPhone (my daily driver). I have the ipsw and I have my phone backed up but haven’t had the guts to pull the trigger yet.

That’s what I thought. Either way iTunes is involved in the process.

I gather you gave in and finally updated to iOS 13?? Welcome to 2019

ramiscat

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I already installed iOS 13, it was a very nice experience.

Of course I went back to 12 as long it can't be used on daily basis (lots of bugs!)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I already installed iOS 13, it was a very nice experience.

Of course I went back to 12 as long it can't be used on daily basis (lots of bugs!)

I’m using it fine on my daily driver. Sure it has bugs but nothing that has been a deal breaker for me.