Not installing today for sure. Will probably wait until end of the week/next week to see how the early adopters fare before putting it on my XS.
    06-03-2019 02:13 PM
    Nice to see that dual-sim will now allow Facetime and iMessage for both lines instead of having the option to only choose one.
    06-03-2019 02:57 PM
    Will wait to see how buggy it is before giving it a spin.
    06-03-2019 03:11 PM
    Nice to see that dual-sim will now allow Facetime and iMessage for both lines instead of having the option to only choose one.
    This is my biggest gripe. I answer iMessages from whatever device is in my hands but I can’t do that with half the messages I’m trying to reply from on my XS. My X is perfect LOL
    06-03-2019 03:39 PM
    Last years beta experience was really buggy for me. I'm going to hold off for a while on this one. There really isn't enough in iOS for me to be intrigued at the moment, although the Dark Theme did look nice.

iPadOS is a different story though....
    Hmm I don't remember any really nasty stuff with the public betas last year. I know there were one or two minor (to me) annoyances in the early ones then it was pretty smooth. However thinking about it more I think you're right. With the split in OS's I might just do the iPadOS public beta instead since that will have a lot more changes.
    06-03-2019 04:36 PM
    So tomorrow is the big day. Who’s going to install iOS 13 beta 1 on your main iPhone/iPad? Or will you wait for later dev. betas or the public ones?
    Ill wait for the 1st/2nd public beta depending how stable it is.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-03-2019 04:36 PM
    I'll wait until Public Beta 1 first. Let all the pioneer Devs iron out the first round of issues.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-03-2019 07:17 PM
    Are the public betas usually buggy? I haven’t done any for the last 4 years. Do you recommend them
    06-03-2019 07:27 PM
    I did indeed take the plunge and thus far, all is well. Of course, I restored as a new device.
    Aztek13, pr1nce and Arkidelik like this.
    06-03-2019 07:27 PM
    I’m going to wait and keep track of the performance of early betas. Then I might put it on my 6s. Probably won’t put it on my XR until the official release.
    06-03-2019 09:50 PM
    Ima all in, love the dark mode and swipe style native keyboard, Thank you Apple.
    06-04-2019 04:30 AM
    I may wait for the public beta this time. Then again, I have Catalina running on my MBP so I may change my mind.
    06-04-2019 07:09 AM
    I did indeed take the plunge and thus far, all is well. Of course, I restored as a new device.
    That's good to know. Looks like it's time for me to take the plunge.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-04-2019 07:10 AM
    That's good to know. Looks like it's time for me to take the plunge.
    Go for it...
    Arkidelik and Annie_M like this.
    06-04-2019 07:20 AM
    I've been reading through the comments on this thread. Can someone clarify if the dock is transparent? (Clarify/Transparent... see what I did there?)
    Arkidelik likes this.
    06-04-2019 09:22 AM
    Hmm I don't remember any really nasty stuff with the public betas last year. I know there were one or two minor (to me) annoyances in the early ones then it was pretty smooth. However thinking about it more I think you're right. With the split in OS's I might just do the iPadOS public beta instead since that will have a lot more changes.
    Yea, I think I may have been in a minority last year. I had minor over heating, battery drain, screen unresponsiveness and random resets. All of these items were infrequent but happened enough to where I'm not comfortable going beta again on my daily driver, which is something I typically don't recommend anyone do, obviously. Since we're talking beta's and all. But my iPad isn't as business critical as my phone is so I'm more comfortable rocking the beta on that.
    06-04-2019 10:47 AM
    Are the public betas usually buggy? I haven’t done any for the last 4 years. Do you recommend them
    Biggest thing to remember is we are talking beta software. It can be amazing for one person and crappy for the next. I never recommend anyone run beta software on a daily driver but the ultimate choice is up to the user. Just know that anything can happen and be prepared for that possibility. Overall, I think the majority of folks here enjoy a fairly smooth beta experience. But you just have to be aware that your experience could go south and worst case, a corrupt software experience leading to the loss of data. Additionally, the reps at the Apple store typically advise against it and can't offer much support if things go wrong. I've had a few say, "We don't recommend running betas". So it's definitely not for the average joe.
    Annie_M likes this.
    06-04-2019 10:52 AM
    Wait? What is that you’re speaking of? I’ll install the beta the first second it becomes available
    I kept my word with a 24 hours delay. So far so good. I love it.
    Especially swipe to type works wonderfully.
    calebt, Just_Me_D and Annie_M like this.
    06-04-2019 03:26 PM
    I've been reading through the comments on this thread. Can someone clarify if the dock is transparent? (Clarify/Transparent... see what I did there?)
    Nope, it’s still the same as with iOS 12
    Annie_M likes this.
    06-04-2019 03:27 PM
    Downloading now. I should be up and running in a few minutes if all goes well.
    06-04-2019 08:13 PM
    This is with iOS 13?

Squeallll
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    06-04-2019 08:41 PM
    Downloading now. I should be up and running in a few minutes if all goes well.
    Well that took longer than planned. My computer decided to act up during the download but all is good now. I now have ios 13 on a 7 Plus to see what is good bad and ugly
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-04-2019 10:49 PM
    I installed Beta 1 on launch day. I have mixed emotions about it so far. I may downgrade back to 12.4 v3. I have it downloaded and ready to install. For me personally I've been having far too many restarts and my screen has frozen a few times. Being on my daily driver I think I'll give it one more day to test. I will probably wait for beta 2 to release and give it a try again.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-05-2019 10:55 PM
    I installed Beta 1 on launch day. I have mixed emotions about it so far. I may downgrade back to 12.4 v3. I have it downloaded and ready to install. For me personally I've been having far too many restarts and my screen has frozen a few times. Being on my daily driver I think I'll give it one more day to test. I will probably wait for beta 2 to release and give it a try again.
    I may roll back too. One of the bugs i found today was deleting email from a gmail account. They wont empty out in the Trash folder after swiping to delete. They reappear after a few seconds and wont delete. I have to go through the website to delete them permanently.
    06-05-2019 11:48 PM
    Maybe this has already been asked but where the heck do we go for app updates now?
    06-06-2019 06:50 AM
92 1234