Will iOS 13 be a smash hit?

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I don't know about it being a smash hit as most want more customizations beyond dark mode but it'll certainly be welcomed by many.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
At this point apple is so far behind in OS innovation. I don’t even know why I keep buying iPhones.

I don’t know about you, but I don’t see any of the smartphone OS makers being “innovative”. Sure they all have their promotional gimmicks, but other than that, they tend to only offer enhancements, as expected.

As for the iPhone, I’ve been known to buy a new one EVERY year, but I opted not to purchase from the last group. Not because of a lack of innovation, but because the enhancements weren’t great enough and I was unwilling to spend another grand.

Surprisingly, my iPhone X has been the best iPhone I’ve ever owned. It is still fast and still a pleasure to use, and to be honest, I can see myself hanging with it another year. I’m very excited to see what iOS 13 will bring, but for the iPhone itself, a good deal of focus appears to be on the camera and AR. Neither of which appeals to me.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I don’t know about you, but I don’t see any of the smartphone OS makers being “innovative”. Sure they all have their promotional gimmicks, but other than that, they tend to only offer enhancements, as expected.

As for the iPhone, I’ve been known to buy a new one EVERY year, but I opted not to purchase from the last group. Not because of a lack of innovation, but because the enhancements weren’t great enough and I was unwilling to spend another grand.

Surprisingly, my iPhone X has been the best iPhone I’ve ever owned. It is still fast and still a pleasure to use, and to be honest, I can see myself hanging with it another year. I’m very excited to see what iOS 13 will bring, but for the iPhone itself, a good deal of focus appears to be on the camera and AR. Neither of which appeals to me.

Ya only reason I have XR is T-Mobile( on us promo)was doing the trade your iPhone 6 in and get a free XR.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ya only reason I have XR is T-Mobile( on us promo)was doing the trade your iPhone 6 in and get a free XR.

I’ve been itching to go and purchase an iPhone XR for quite some time, but I can’t justify doing so. Having said that, if my iPhone X craps out on me, I will drive directly to the closest Apple Store (2 miles away) and get one.

fairmarketvalue

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
So I was reading an article today that reports that IOS 13 will not be available for the SE or 6/6 Plus. Since my 6 Plus running on IOS 12 suits me just fine, I won't be a happy camper if the article is true. Has anyone else heard/read such about Apple dumping the SE and 6 in IOS 13?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So I was reading an article today that reports that IOS 13 will not be available for the SE or 6/6 Plus. Since my 6 Plus running on IOS 12 suits me just fine, I won't be a happy camper if the article is true. Has anyone else heard/read such about Apple dumping the SE and 6 in IOS 13?
I hadn't heard that rumor, but we should know for certain sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I've read that on several tech sites. If true, you would still have iOS 12, which is a very good OS.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods