It’s almost here, and I’m starting to get amped up for it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
At the time of this post, we are approximately 33 days away from what is hoped to be the first dev beta of iOS 13, and I’m starting to get amped up about it. Are you? I’m pretty much run betas year round, but the thought of the newest full iOS version gets me going. Bring it on Apple! Bring it on!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Nothing in particular?
I ask because I don’t think these upgrades, whether iOS , Android or whatever, have brought much to the smartphone market lately. Mostly cosmetic changes.
I know, I’m pessimistic.

I'm with you. I've been bored with iOS releases for the last few years so I don't really get excited anymore. I'm always interested in what's to come, but I haven't seen much to get excited about.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I'm with you. I've been bored with iOS releases for the last few years so I don't really get excited anymore. I'm always interested in what's to come, but I haven't seen much to get excited about.

And, just to be clear, it’s not just iOS but Apple certainly is always behind in bringing something new to an OS. I mean, when people get excited about a dark theme you know things are kind of slow.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
And, just to be clear, it’s not just iOS but Apple certainly is always behind in bringing something new to an OS. I mean, when people get excited about a dark theme you know things are kind of slow.

I only referenced iOS because I haven't used any other OS in at least 5 years. I haven't really even followed Android as closely as I did in the past so I'm not sure what they offer currently.

I agree with the Dark Mode point though.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I’m also looking forward to iOS 13 as rumors have discussed a new home screen layout, which I would love to see...and of course Dark Mode.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm most looking forward to upcoming folding technology. NOW as we have seen from Uncle Sammy, we might not be quite there yet. First gen products etc. I can almost guarantee you Apple has folding tech in the lab, BUT as we know they will wait before releasing anything. BUT it's this interesting hardware feature that is coming (kinda here already), that I am most excited about. :)

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I’m super stoked for WWDC and iOS 13. I can’t wait to see what gets changed and if we do get a reimagined home screen.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, I’m not very excited!! I don’t think Apple is going to bring anything interesting. Hopefully, they prove me wrong and at least give us dark mode! If not, things will just continue as usual.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner