How do you use the "Hey Siri" feature?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I just was listening to the Tii podcast (Today in iOS), and learned that if you ask Siri if it watches Game of Thrones, it has several responses to that question :D

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I’ve still never seen Game of Thrones

I haven't either but I spent the weekend with a dozen cousins (lol didn't mean for the rhyme) and they, along with their families, are all diehard fans. Our flight was cancelled so we decided to drive home from Philly to Ohio, and everyone was FREAKED OUT, that they'd miss GoT. :rotfl:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven't either but I spent the weekend with a dozen cousins (lol didn't mean for the rhyme) and they, along with their families, are all diehard fans. Our flight was cancelled so we decided to drive home from Philly to Ohio, and everyone was FREAKED OUT, that they'd miss GoT. :rotfl:

I’m sure that was an interesting ride LOL

I’m genuinely shocked.
You should watch it, stat.
Even @Spencerdl watches it

My friends keep telling me to watch , but it just doesn’t peak my interest. Maybe one day I’ll try..who knows lol

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I use it all the time. When I get in my car I tell Siri to drive me home and she sets my satnav in Waze. Are use it for dictating messages and emails ETC

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How do you use the "Hey Siri" feature?

Me and Siri are good friends...(Laughing)....I use Siri on my watch, iPhone, TV and HomePod, and although it is useable on my MacBook Pro, I don’t think I’ve ever used Siri with it.

Still, I often ask the following:

What the score between _______ and _______?
What’s the name of that song?
Where’s the closest ________?
Is rain in today’s forecast?

I also use it for:

Setting timers.
Reminders
Alarms
Navigation
Increase or decrease the volume
Reading text messages while driving
Conversions, etcetera

Each iteration of Siri has improved since the beginning and I suspect, will continue to improve.

Last edited:

duckduckgoose

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: How do you use the "Hey Siri" feature?

Me and Siri are good friends...(Laughing)....I use Siri on my watch, iPhone, TV and HomePod, and although it is useable on my MacBook Pro, I don’t think I’ve ever used Siri with it.

Still, I often ask the following:

What the score between _______ and _______?
What’s the name of that song?
Where the closet ________?
Is rain in today’s forecast?

I also use it for:

Setting timers.
Reminders
Alarms
Navigation
Increase or decrease the volume
Reading text messages while driving
Conversions, etcetera

Each iteration of Siri has improved since the beginning and I suspect, will continue to improve.

Where the closet? ;)

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I use Siri in my car. Mostly for calling someone or texting someone, work very good and I can keep my eyes on the road.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I don’t always use the right gestures and the other day I inadvertently turned on Siri while doing a search and got to the wrong site so I let out a series of expletives and Siri replied:
“I’m sorry you feel that way, here’s the nearest day spa” (I had been searching for something completely different)
I forgave her: she gave me the biggest laugh

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I don’t always use the right gestures and the other day I inadvertently turned on Siri while doing a search and got to the wrong site so I let out a series of expletives and Siri replied:
“I’m sorry you feel that way, here’s the nearest day spa” (I had been searching for something completely different)
I forgave her: she gave me the biggest laugh

That's hilarious! I'm glad they're giving Siri a sense of humor! LOL!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73