How do you use the "Hey Siri" feature?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
We all know who Siri is, and that "it" has many abilities, including asking about the weather! I thought that in sharing some of our favorite uses for Siri, that we might learn new ways to utilize it!

For example, I think my favorite use for Siri is when I'm driving and a text comes in. Rather than try and read the text on the spot, I can say "Hey Siri, read my texts." This way, I get to hear and respond to my texts safely.

Another one that I tried recently was "Hey Siri, sing happy birthday". The response was comical, and I don't want to spoil it for those of you who want to check it out for yourselves. I will say that I tried this at my sister's house with Alexa... who's voice isn't too bad! :cool:

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I have to say in all the years of using an iPhone, I have never used Siri! I even got a MacBook and I’ve never used Siri. I really need to check it out!!

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I use Siri for voice dialing when driving, setting an alarm or timer, checking the current temperature, and playing music.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Let me put it this way, since purchasing my new Airpods2, I'm using "Hey Siri" a lot more...LOL

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I’ve been trying to get a date with Siri for years lol

Seriously I use Siri for shortcuts and in the car for calls and text, weather and searches and a lot of small things like turning on the flashlight and opening apps

She’s very useful

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
How do you use the "Hey Siri" feature?

I use Siri on my phone or Watch to set timers, alarms, send a text or iMessage, play music, turn off lights play stuff, sometimes unsuccessfully on my Apple TV...

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I ask Siri for sports scores. Sometimes she understands, sometimes she does not. Asking about events like March Madness or the Super Bowl does not work well for me yet.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I set timers, enable and disable alarms, as well as set new ones.
I also turn my lights on and off but that’s about it.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
There was a post here on iMore just yesterday about using Siri to check on Stocks. I checked it out and Siri gives good information so I'm chalking that up as another 'good to know' Siri function!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73