iOS 12.2 Official Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
So how do you get off 12.2 beta. Is the version that was available yesterday not the GM then and doesn't it automatically replace the beta profile?

The official showed up on mine yesterday with the beta profile, but just to be safe, go to general>profile and delete the beta profile and then check for updates.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
So how do you get off 12.2 beta. Is the version that was available yesterday not the GM then and doesn't it automatically replace the beta profile?

So I was on the beta program but wanted to get off it so after 12.2 beta 3 I uninstalled the beta profile from my iPhone. When 12.2 official dropped yesterday and installed it overwrote 12.2 beta 3 and put be on 12.2 official release.

oladob

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
So I was on the beta program but wanted to get off it so after 12.2 beta 3 I uninstalled the beta profile from my iPhone. When 12.2 official dropped yesterday and installed it overwrote 12.2 beta 3 and put be on 12.2 official release.

So in my case I hadn't deleted the beta profile before the update. By deleting it now can I consider myself as being in the GM as the feedback app has disappeared off my screen?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
So in my case I hadn't deleted the beta profile before the update. By deleting it now can I consider myself as being in the GM as the feedback app has disappeared off my screen?

If your software version is 12.2 (16E277) then yes.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
the autofill auto login is cool but ive noticed its still definitely buggy it doesn't always log me in. I have to refresh the url and then login again sometimes it just fills in the search boxes but doesn't log me in completely

PJD642

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
And the issue with "favorites" in Phone still randomly rearranging themselves and refusing to stay where you move them continues even after the update...

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
PJD642 are you seeing this autofill bug too I've noticed it autofills and logs me in on some devices but then other websites it doesn't its really wierd. I doubt its a website thing as its works flawlessly on my MacBook Air

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Something I have wished for since 2012 when I started to use AirPlay on my iPhones: You can now AirPlay from your phone to your television and still play a video or other media on your phone without interrupting the AirPlay stream. I cannot believe it has taken 7 years for this to come to fruition but it finally has.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Good Lord, the list of security fixes in this release is like really long. 41 security fixes that cover 51 individual CVEs (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures).

Five of the security fixes include fixes to the OS kernel itself. Four of the fixes include fixes for privilege escalations that could cause apps to gain privileges that otherwise they should not ever have.

If I didn't know any better I'd have thought I was reading an update list for Microsoft Windows.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Good Lord, the list of security fixes in this release is like really long. 41 security fixes that cover 51 individual CVEs (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures).

Five of the security fixes include fixes to the OS kernel itself. Four of the fixes include fixes for privilege escalations that could cause apps to gain privileges that otherwise they should not ever have.

If I didn't know any better I'd have thought I was reading an update list for Microsoft Windows.

Yeah, but the most thing is the fact that they were identified and corrected. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77