Is there a way to transfer an app that’s no longer in the App Store from one iPad to another?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Dr. Phone

I do not this application there. Probably because this is not available anymore.

OK, I have a few apps no longer available in the app store, but are still in my purchased list. If it's not in your purchased list, then you probably can't get it on the other iPad. Even if you restored the iPad with the back up from the iPad with the app. Didn't use to be that way, but seems to be now. You would get a message that says the app is no longer available. So you need plan B.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Dr. Phone

OK, I have a few apps no longer available in the app store, but are still in my purchased list. If it's not in your purchased list, then you probably can't get it on the other iPad. Even if you restored the iPad with the back up from the iPad with the app. Didn't use to be that way, but seems to be now. You would get a message that says the app is no longer available. So you need plan B.

Does not make any sense that has changed. I could ask the peeps at the Apple Store might know how.

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

An app that is no longer available in the App Store, to my knowledge, can't be transferred. You'll likely need to find an alternative. Or you could contact the developer and see if they have another app that does the same thing.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site

How long has she been using the app? Seems like the best thing to do is to contact the developer. However, unless the developer is getting money from new sales or a subscription service, they might well have abandoned this app.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Gosh, this is really lousy for @Honey Beagle since she spent $49.99 on it.

Actually higher. Like 50.35. Do not know why the extra charge. The peeps at Dr. Phone asked me to give them another try. I wrote back and let them know to ignore that nonsense of Apple not letting peeps transfer applications. Told them to update their programme to allow this.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

How long has she been using the app? Seems like the best thing to do is to contact the developer. However, unless the developer is getting money from new sales or a subscription service, they might well have abandoned this app.

Been using the application for quite a while now.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Been using the application for quite a while now.

If the app is no longer in the App Store, that means it no longer will get updates to fix bugs and all. Why don't you find an app that accomplishes what you need to replace it? We can help you find one, if we knew exactly what you need.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

The app might be available in another app store, other than the US app store. No clue where though. I get this when I tap to get it from their website.
155d7fa8692956cdae188e7ecf2eedb5.jpg

Are all the videos YouTube videos you want to keep?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods