Jan 29, 2019
Visit site
Hi.

I’ve got:

1 iPad Pro 12.9 2017 v 12.1.3
1 Surface Pro 2
1 Samsung Galaxy s8+
Malwarebytes Anti-malware on all 3

I’m retired and live on my iPad Pro with my Galaxy within arm’s reach. Rarely use the Surface Pro.
I just got the Password Management bug as a new interest and want to go full tilt boogie with using it.

IF I start TOTALLY using the iCloud Keychain with the native password generator:
1. When I go to Settings/Passords & Accounts/Website & App Passwords, will I still be able to view my passwords?
2. Is there ANY way to sync the Passwords to Android and Win10?

Go EASY on me now, please. :p

Peace, Alan

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
You can view them and copy them also. You will need a third party app to sync them. What I do is copy the keychain passwords into dashlane to sync with other platforms.

Hope this helps.

Shamshi-Adad

Jan 29, 2019
Visit site
That helps greatly, calebt! I figured as much. I’ve only got 68 accounts and I’m sure I can just leave a LOT of them off the Win10 and the Galaxy.
Thanks so much. :cool:

- Alan

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
A password management system designed as cross platform might be best if you plan on staying with an Android phone. It would or at least LastPass that I like would also encrypt other useful private information.

I do use iCloud keychain as a point of convenience but mostly depend on LastPass because of cross-platform and was of collaborating.

Good luck.

Shamshi-Adad

Jan 29, 2019
Visit site
Thanks, imjwl. Good to know. I’m kinda’ lookin at 1Password for $2.99/mo. They’ve confirmed it would sync across all my devices. But: retired, fixed income; I could use the money elsewhere.

One more question, though: when I’m on Safari and creating a new account at some website, there’s an auromatic secure password generator that kicks in and allows me to go with "it’s" recommended password or create my own. Is that Safari or iOS 12.1.3 doing that? Would it also kick in if I were using MS Edge or Firefox as well? I’d kinda like to abandon Safari. I guess I could test for myself but just haven’t got around to it.
Much thanks again. -Alan

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, imjwl. Good to know. I’m kinda’ lookin at 1Password for $2.99/mo. They’ve confirmed it would sync across all my devices. But: retired, fixed income; I could use the money elsewhere.

One more question, though: when I’m on Safari and creating a new account at some website, there’s an auromatic secure password generator that kicks in and allows me to go with "it’s" recommended password or create my own. Is that Safari or iOS 12.1.3 doing that? Would it also kick in if I were using MS Edge or Firefox as well? I’d kinda like to abandon Safari. I guess I could test for myself but just haven’t got around to it.
Much thanks again. -Alan

The LastPass plugin for browsers works pretty much the same across browsers and operating systems. If budget is a concern the free version might be plenty and IIRC, premium version is $2 per month.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl