Is iOS still the best?

farb12

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The gap is seriously closing. An Apple fan that has had both since the beginning.

I just wish Apple would let us place apps or folders wherever we want on the damn home screen! The little things...

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
The gap is seriously closing. An Apple fan that has had both since the beginning.

I just wish Apple would let us place apps or folders wherever we want on the damn home screen! The little things...

I don’t care about that. I can customize it as much as I like. I want stability and performance. In my experience that means I want an iPhone.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Being I am ancient and have been around the smartphone industry from the early days. I along with many folks out there started out on the original Blackberry OS.

I also went the Android route in the early days with my Nexus One and remember rooting it and flashing the CyanogenMod ROM and it worked very well for me for a while.

I eventually went out and bought the first Apple phone 2G model and learned IOS which was much different then Blackberry or Android back then.

Then Blackberry OS10 came out and I bought one of the first ones sold by T Mobile in my area. I loved the gesture concept and the file management system. I was sad to see them dropped the system and move to Android.

In the end it has always come down to what works best for your needs. I have folks who have known me for years and ask me what makes me keep using IOS and I keep telling them the same thing. Because it just works!! Period.

Most of the women I know use Apple IOS and the simplicity is what keeps them buying Apple iPhones and their products. That along with one of the best warranties and tech support in business.

That’s why Apple has become one of the largest companies in the world. Forget about the fanboy image stuff I here folks preach out on the different forums. You don’t get where Apple has by a fanboy image.

It’s because they provided a product the consumer asked for and have made billions doing just that. Call it what you want, I call it an American success story that’s not finished yet.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
That’s why Apple has become one of the largest companies in the world. Forget about the fanboy image stuff I here folks preach out on the different forums. You don’t get where Apple has by a fanboy image.

It’s because they provided a product the consumer asked for and have made billions doing just that. Call it what you want, I call it an American success story that’s not finished yet.

Truth.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I don’t care about that. I can customize it as much as I like. I want stability and performance. In my experience that means I want an iPhone.

Stability, performance, security, and the Apple ecosystem did it for me.

Smokeless Joe

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Stability and performance are not two words that I would associate with the current iOS. 13.1.2 still too buggy for my liking. If this had been my first experience with iOS I’m not sure I would have stuck it out. Hoping for some fixes soon.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Stability and performance are not two words that I would associate with the current iOS. 13.1.2 still too buggy for my liking. If this had been my first experience with iOS I’m not sure I would have stuck it out. Hoping for some fixes soon.

It certainly seems to be more buggy than usual. Nothing that has caused me any distress but creating a lot of chatter. One thing you can be assured of is it will be fixed.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I do believe that they will I’m just spoiled from the days when they would release a more stable version instead of pushing it out to make a time line.

For many of us, iOS 13 has been very stable. Sure there have been quirks here and there, but not anything worth getting upset about, in my opinion. Heck, I’d argue that many of those who were complaining about various issues were doing so because of the money shelled out on their new iPhone, i.e, I just spent $1,000 on this device and my Instagram app isn’t working after updating to iOS x.x? What the heck!....(laughing)

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
For many of us, iOS 13 has been very stable. Sure there have been quirks here and there, but not anything worth getting upset about, in my opinion. Heck, I’d argue that many of those who were complaining about various issues were doing so because of the money shelled out on their new iPhone, i.e, I just spent $1,000 on this device and my Instagram app isn’t working after updating to iOS x.x? What the heck!....(laughing)

Ah man, and the new dark mode on Instagram looks really good.

Smokeless Joe

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

That may be true for some users. Just not this one. Apple knew they were flaws from the get go but shoved it out anyway with another update planned a week later. And now here we are. Don’t get me wrong I love apple products just not a fan of the new iOS (so far)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That may be true for some users. Just not this one. Apple knew they were flaws from the get go but shoved it out anyway with another update planned a week later. And now here we are. Don’t get me wrong I love apple products just not a fan of the new iOS (so far)

Oh it’s definitely true for some users, but don’t misunderstand me. I know there are a lot of legitimate gripes about it and I’ve said on numerous occasions that I cannot understand how the same iOS version can be almost perfect on one device and wreak havoc on another. It blows my mind.

Smokeless Joe

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Oh it’s definitely true for some users, but don’t misunderstand me. I know there are a lot of legitimate gripes about it and I’ve said on numerous occasions that I cannot understand how the same iOS version can be almost perfect on one device and wreak havoc on another. It blows my mind.

Yes that is mind boggling. Most of my issues are happening within the native apps not third party apps. If it were the opposite I would probably be more tolerant.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal