iOS 12.1.2 Official Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I downloaded the update OTA when it came out. Today I plugged into iTunes for a backup and was greeted with another 12.1.2 update. I installed and I got a different build number 16C104. Anyone know what the difference might be besides the build number?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded the update OTA when it came out. Today I plugged into iTunes for a backup and was greeted with another 12.1.2 update. I installed and I got a different build number 16C104. Anyone know what the difference might be besides the build number?

Nothing much.
Probably something very minor, or else the build number would have been much higher.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Apples got to get these dual sim issues fixed; if either line doesn’t have service data doesn’t work. Even when line that doesn’t have service isn’t designated as data.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

According to this iMore article, the first version of 12.1.2 included a fix for cellular connectivity issues in Turkey, but may have led to cellular connectivity issues in other parts of the world. They speculate that the new build/release of 12.1.2 fixes those issues.
https://m.imore.com/ios-1212-release-might-bork-your-cellular-connectivity-heres-what-you-can-do

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
That will be unfortunate.
It is neat to keep the same iOS versions across all supported devices.

I looked for this in the news but could not see any reports mentioning this restriction.

It will be good to know if others with iPads (especially WiFi only iPads) are seeing the same thing.

I have iPad 12.9 two of them. Both do not show an update available.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I got so annoyed by the iPhone regularly asking me to update that I finally took the time to connect my iPhone to my Mac to install from iTunes. I didn't realize what a pain in the neck it is to not want to install an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.