What would you like to see in iOS 13?

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Someone had to start it…

So now that iOS 12 is here and Apple was focusing on performance, what would you like to see in iOS 13? Home screen layout changes? New icons? Features?

And go…

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS 13

Yes, true system level dark mode. Even better notifications, better camera software, a better home screen experience, split screen, picture in picture, and so on.

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS 13

Personally I’d like to see a change in the lock screen. Maybe a chance to put a couple of widgets on it.

JMarkyBB

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Ideas for future iOS

I have over 20 ideas off which I believe to be doable features in the next OS, and some that are I think are down the line but with advancing technologies as it is these ideas are not far from becoming a reality.

Doable; 1, To be able to have app specific font size.
I like my fonts big and bold, but keep having to change font size according to which app I’m using, it’s frustrating and awkward.

Doable; 2, Notes to Be Zoomable.

Doable; 3, To be able to move "Home-screens" about.

Doable; 4, To be able to name “Home-screens”.

Doable; 5, iCloud Sync for Alarms.

Doable; 6, Add voice recordings as Alarms/Prompts.

Doable; 7, Siri to be able to speak my alarms.

Doable; 8, Profiles for Home-screens, DND, WiFi, Brightness, Volume, Airplane Mode depending on time and location.

Doable; 9, To Turn All Alarms On/Off Button.
Having to turn alarms off Singerly, as I have over 150 alarms, is to say the least again awkward, to be able to turn all of at once, and singerly turn on the ones I want would be easier than scrolling through a list, or number each alarm, then you can ask Siri to turn off alarms 2 & 5 etc.

Doable; 10, To be able to download updates, free & purchased apps when my bank account has no funds.

Future Technologies; 11, Auto Scroll in apps. When reading in an app, say Twitter the screen scrolls upwards or downwards at any given readable speed automatically, thus reading your stream hands free.

Future Technologies;12, Eye-App Management.
A camera that can read your eye and eyelid movements, so as your eyes move around an app, depending on which app your in, say News, as your eyes are looking up and down the screen the screen scrolls up & down, and focusing on a particular article, if you look at it for a configured time, the article opens.

Future Technologies; 13, Wink Technology.
I appreciate we are always blinking, but if we force a blink and it’s prolonged or done in rapid succession it could be used to open/communicate/move around & close an app all by eyelid movement, so for instance notes app, when Note is finished you could blink hard or twice at the “Done” button for two or three seconds (Which could be configured to what ever time you want) and Notes closes.

Future Technologies; 14, Mid Air Gesture Control.

Future Technologies; 15, Lip Reading Camera.

Doable; 16, Voice Recording in Notes.

Doable; 17, Notes on Watch.

Doable; 18, Settings be adaptable and self learning thus learning your behaviour and prioritise the setting to the top of the screen you want to access.

Doable; 19, Name Bluetooth Accessories like you can on Mac

Doable; 20, Lock individual Apps with Face ID, a Passcode or a Word.

Doable; 21, Add More Buttons to the Assistive Touch Menu.

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
LOL..Another vote for a REAL DARK THEME system wide and the ability to remove the shaded bottom dock.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
More emphasis on the iPad Pro models. I just ordered the 12.9” one with 1TB storage. We some better stuff for the iPads.

Updated: Hopefully we’ll see some better stuff on iOS 13. Cancelled 1 TB and got the 512gb instead. Came on Cyber Monday. Am loving the screen and how lite it is.

Last edited:

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Real Dark Mode, and the ability to move stored content between one Apple Device and another without having to run it through iTunes on a computer !!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
ef073dca1190245bae6cc2dc232ceea3.jpg

Security is foremost and under appreciated and as Apple continues to make our devices safer we do need more spam protection

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I said it, hoping it would be in 11...nope.

I said it, hoping it would be in 12...nope.

So for the third-ump-teenth-millionith time...

Transparent dock.

farb12

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
1. put apps wherever you want,. come on Apple.

2. How about dismissing a alarm for the day.

3. being able to long press the Bluetooth or wifi icon in the pulldown to go directly into the settings.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’d like to see a complete makeover of iOS, especially with the calendar, reminders and the Settings. The settings, in my opinion, has become too crowded. What I don’t want is for iOS 13 to be all about more emojis.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73