Apparently they don't notify you "hey, you're in EST setting for a location in Japan, do you want this to be Japan time or are you really getting there at 2am Japan time?" Caused me to miss something I was looking forward to.

Yes, "if you were looking forward to it, you should've checked" but when you're on vacation, you sometimes trust the computer.

I think it's terribly stupid as it should've guessed the time zone, or at least asked, but whatever.
    10-30-2018 06:07 PM
    Apparently they don't notify you "hey, you're in EST setting for a location in Japan, do you want this to be Japan time or are you really getting there at 2am Japan time?" Caused me to miss something I was looking forward to.

Yes, "if you were looking forward to it, you should've checked" but when you're on vacation, you sometimes trust the computer.

I think it's terribly stupid as it should've guessed the time zone, or at least asked, but whatever.
    Set automatically needs to be turned on in the date & time setting, or you’ll have to change it manually.
    10-30-2018 07:54 PM
    Set automatically needs to be turned on in the date & time setting, or you’ll have to change it manually.
    It set automatically. Myself issue is I set a calendar event with a location in Japan, but Apple didn't think "he probably wants this for Tokyo time not Florida time".
    10-30-2018 08:08 PM
    It set automatically. Myself issue is I set a calendar event with a location in Japan, but Apple didn't think "he probably wants this for Tokyo time not Florida time".
    Gotcha!!! That’s weird though. My calendar events usually update. I’m not sure why that happened.
    10-30-2018 08:11 PM
    Gotcha!!! That’s weird though. My calendar events usually update. I’m not sure why that happened.
    Right, the issue is that it updated. It didn't realize I set for 11:25am while in Florida, but meant 11:25 Tokyo. The issue is it then adjusted it for Tokyo, and set it the next day at midnight.
    10-30-2018 08:19 PM
    Right, the issue is that it updated. It didn't realize I set for 11:25am while in Florida, but meant 11:25 Tokyo. The issue is it then adjusted it for Tokyo, and set it the next day at midnight.
    Seems like you didn’t have a location in the appointment, or at least that’s the only thing I can think of.
    10-30-2018 08:48 PM
    Seems like you didn’t have a location in the appointment, or at least that’s the only thing I can think of.
    I did have the location. I didn't pay money for the ticket, was for the Pokemon Cafe in Tokyo, but there aren't any other reservations while I'm here. Not the end of the world.
    10-30-2018 09:05 PM
    I did have the location. I didn't pay money for the ticket, was for the Pokemon Cafe in Tokyo, but there aren't any other reservations while I'm here. Not the end of the world.
    Oh ok. At least you didn’t lose money.
    10-30-2018 09:59 PM
    So, for whatever reason, the stock weather app has the sunset time for today an hour early for where I am...
    It jumped the gun on falling back, lol.
    11-03-2018 09:59 AM