Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I know everyone wants a Dark Mode and they should have the opinion but I’ve used Dark Mode on a few apps that offered it and within a few days I reverted back.

Some will stick with it when offered but in my opinion most will find it nothing more than a novelty

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I know everyone wants a Dark Mode and they should have the opinion but I’ve used Dark Mode on a few apps that offered it and within a few days I reverted back.

Some will stick with it when offered but in my opinion most will find it nothing more than a novelty

If it had dark mode, it’s on. However, not enough apps support a dark mode. Even if they do, it’s usually a dark gray or dark blue instead of actual black, and it doesn’t always cover the whole screen.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

If the screen background is truly black, it would give very slightly better battery life on OLED iPhones (X, XS, XS Max). If it is just grayscale/dark/nit truly black, it should only be because people prefer it that way/can read the screen easier. (But our GUI devices have been black-ish text on a white-ish
background for 35+ years because that is usually easier to read.)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If it had dark mode, it’s on. However, not enough apps support a dark mode. Even if they do, it’s usually a dark gray or dark blue instead of actual black, and it doesn’t always cover the whole screen.

I don't care if it's dark gray, dark blue, or dark green, I just don't like all the bright white.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Not to beat a dead horse, but let’s say the phone does get damaged while jail broken, with no way to revert to stock official iOS non-jail broken. Apple won’t repair your device, because you have voided your warranty.

LOL if it's bricked they'll just swap it out. If (AAPL) can tell it's been jailbroken then the end user can revert it to stock. If (the end user) cannot in such condition, (IMHO) they have no business jailbreaking in the first place! ;)

Back OT...

Dark mode isn't always about pure black. I've tried it and it's not ideal but in many cases still preferable to say the blinding all white we can't get rid of now either!

I'd be happy with a theme-able interface or at least have the ability to set object color.

Remember when Office 2013 came out and you had blinding white and less blinding grey white for the only choices? Horrible.

Bring back glass elements. I miss how older OS/OSX looked. There was never a performance issue then (at least on the OSX side) and certainly today there wouldn't be a performance issue on modern hardware.

Martholemew

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I use the smart invert a lot at night but some apps need to be changed (accessibilityIgnoresInvertColors) to support the invert setting. Especially if they are displaying photos or contact images and some (a few) inverted colors just look weird.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2