iOS 12.1 Public Beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Very stable, but it still doesn’t fix the issue of not connecting to my car after the first pairing.

This may have already been discussed previously but have you checked to make sure there isn’t a software update available for your car?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
None that I can find, unfortunately. I’ve been searching and calling to no avail.

I’ve had issues in the past connecting through USB. I remember one issue on my previous car where it would disconnect whenever I shifted into reverse and then refuse to connect to my phone until I shut the car off, waited a minute, and then started it back up. If I remember correctly it was an iOS update that ended up fixing the issue. I still have little glitches here and there using CarPlay on my new car. Getting support from the car manufacturer has always been utterly useless for me.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I’ve had issues in the past connecting through USB. I remember one issue on my previous car where it would disconnect whenever I shifted into reverse and then refuse to connect to my phone until I shut the car off, waited a minute, and then started it back up. If I remember correctly it was an iOS update that ended up fixing the issue. I still have little glitches here and there using CarPlay on my new car. Getting support from the car manufacturer has always been utterly useless for me.

I have a fairly standard factory deck, with built in Bluetooth and SiriusXM. No CarPlay. All of my other phones worked fine with no issue. My new XS paired fine, but subsequent pairings fail. I’ve never used the cable to connect because there’s no dealer-approved Lightning cable that I know of. Can’t exactly run out and buy a new car to go with the new phone.... LOL. I agree that car manufacturer support is basically useless.

kidkamel

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a fairly standard factory deck, with built in Bluetooth and SiriusXM. No CarPlay. All of my other phones worked fine with no issue. My new XS paired fine, but subsequent pairings fail. I’ve never used the cable to connect because there’s no dealer-approved Lightning cable that I know of. Can’t exactly run out and buy a new car to go with the new phone.... LOL. I agree that car manufacturer support is basically useless.

What year and make?

kidkamel

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
2012 Kia Sorento

Silly question but have you cleared out the device history on your car radio?

I would double check that and then try reconnecting it. Also make sure you do not have a lot of devices listed. They can only store a few in their memory

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Silly question but have you cleared out the device history on your car radio?

I would double check that and then try reconnecting it. Also make sure you do not have a lot of devices listed. They can only store a few in their memory

I have. I've also cleared it from the phone, reset network settings, restarted the phone and radio. Starting from scratch, the phone paired fine. With and without contact sync. The radio alerts "pairing complete." However, when I start the vehicle again and the phone attempts to connect.... "pairing failed." All my previous phones (6S Plus, Note 7, iPhone 7 & 7 Plus) have worked with no issues.

kidkamel

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I have. I've also cleared it from the phone, reset network settings, restarted the phone and radio. Starting from scratch, the phone paired fine. With and without contact sync. The radio alerts "pairing complete." However, when I start the vehicle again and the phone attempts to connect.... "pairing failed." All my previous phones (6S Plus, Note 7, iPhone 7 & 7 Plus) have worked with no issues.

I'm curious to see if the Bluetooth 5.0 on you Xs has something to do with it.

kazn3r

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Not for nothing, my iPhone 7Plus has steadily decreased its battery life since its updated past public beta 2. I am very displeased. I am still signed in with my profile installed, but wtf...

The maximum has gone from 90% to 85% since updating to public beta 5.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Not for nothing, my iPhone 7Plus has steadily decreased its battery life since its updated past public beta 2. I am very displeased. I am still signed in with my profile installed, but wtf...

The maximum has gone from 90% to 85% since updating to public beta 5.

How long has it been since updating? I usually give it a day or so to allow for all the app updates to finish up.

porier91

May 23, 2017
Visit site
Weird...I was on beta 5 and now I can’t update to the public update. I know they have different version numbers

Figured it out...have to reboot phone after deleting the profile

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.