Hi folks. I’ve been reading ebooks on my iPhone for ages. Since before installing iOS 12 public beta I noticed that my downloaded ebooks in Books would vanish (download would be deleted automatically) and I have to redownload from the cloud to resume reading. The bookmarks would be saved however.

Now this is a problem for me. I read when I’m on the airplane and it’s not possible to download every time I turn on Books. This has been bothering me for the last few weeks. Any solutions?!
    10-11-2018 11:09 AM
    Hopefully, an answer can be found via the following iMore Blog article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.imo...w-ios-12%3famp
    iwicked likes this.
    10-11-2018 06:48 PM
    Hopefully, an answer can be found via the following iMore Blog article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.imo...w-ios-12%3famp
    Thanks for this D. I’ve gone through it but it doesn’t directly address my issue. Can you tell me how you put ebooks into Books for reading? I would like to know the process and compare with mine.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-14-2018 12:09 PM
    Thanks for this D. I’ve gone through it but it doesn’t directly address my issue. Can you tell me how you put ebooks into Books for reading? I would like to know the process and compare with mine.
    Scroll down to the Manually Add Items... section via the following link.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201593
    iwicked likes this.
    10-14-2018 01:20 PM
    I did not like “iBooks” and am not expecting to like it as “Books” either, I use the Kindle app and Bluefire reader. I have had books disappear in iBooks before but they turn up again, Lord knows how. as I don’t use it I don’t worry about it, but will look at it again.
    iwicked likes this.
    10-14-2018 01:22 PM
    Sometimes they need to be downloaded again from iCloud for them to show. Also, they can be hidden by toggling them off in the iBooks app. Or Books as it is now in iOS 12.
    iwicked likes this.
    10-14-2018 02:13 PM
    Sometimes they need to be downloaded again from iCloud for them to show. Also, they can be hidden by toggling them off in the iBooks app. Or Books as it is now in iOS 12.
    This is exactly my problem. I’m reading an ebook and one morning I open Books and I see that particular ebook has been sent to the cloud. Basically it got deleted off my device. So I’ll have to download it again.

But I may not have access to internet always (e.g. on an airplane). So I was wondering why this is happening.
    10-15-2018 11:26 AM
    Scroll down to the Manually Add Items... section via the following link.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201593
    Thanks for this. I’ll give it a go.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-15-2018 11:26 AM
    Thanks for this. I’ll give it a go.
    You’re very welcome....
    10-15-2018 01:17 PM
    This is exactly my problem. I’m reading an ebook and one morning I open Books and I see that particular ebook has been sent to the cloud. Basically it got deleted off my device. So I’ll have to download it again.

But I may not have access to internet always (e.g. on an airplane). So I was wondering why this is happening.
    My problem is my pdf's gray out and won't download. Then I have to do a back up to iCloud. That usually fixes it. I don't have a computer, so the link offered above does me no good.
    10-15-2018 03:51 PM