Vanishing ebooks

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks. I’ve been reading ebooks on my iPhone for ages. Since before installing iOS 12 public beta I noticed that my downloaded ebooks in Books would vanish (download would be deleted automatically) and I have to redownload from the cloud to resume reading. The bookmarks would be saved however.

Now this is a problem for me. I read when I’m on the airplane and it’s not possible to download every time I turn on Books. This has been bothering me for the last few weeks. Any solutions?!

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I did not like “iBooks” and am not expecting to like it as “Books” either, I use the Kindle app and Bluefire reader. I have had books disappear in iBooks before but they turn up again, Lord knows how. as I don’t use it I don’t worry about it, but will look at it again.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes they need to be downloaded again from iCloud for them to show. Also, they can be hidden by toggling them off in the iBooks app. Or Books as it is now in iOS 12.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes they need to be downloaded again from iCloud for them to show. Also, they can be hidden by toggling them off in the iBooks app. Or Books as it is now in iOS 12.

This is exactly my problem. I’m reading an ebook and one morning I open Books and I see that particular ebook has been sent to the cloud. Basically it got deleted off my device. So I’ll have to download it again.

But I may not have access to internet always (e.g. on an airplane). So I was wondering why this is happening.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is exactly my problem. I’m reading an ebook and one morning I open Books and I see that particular ebook has been sent to the cloud. Basically it got deleted off my device. So I’ll have to download it again.

But I may not have access to internet always (e.g. on an airplane). So I was wondering why this is happening.

My problem is my pdf's gray out and won't download. Then I have to do a back up to iCloud. That usually fixes it. I don't have a computer, so the link offered above does me no good.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods