iOS 12.0.1 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The first update to 12.0.1 is coming out today after 1 pm EDT/10 am PDT (so, should be soon.) [edit: available now]

According to MacRumors, this will fix the charging issue with XS (and other phones), plus a bug in WiFi that preferred 2.4 GHz over 5 GHz networks. Finally, the "123" keyboard switch for the iPad is going back to its original lower left location (now that I just got used to the new location. Still, that's better.)

iOS 12.0.1 includes bug fixes and improvements for your iPhone or iPad. This update:
- Fixes an issue where some iPhone XS devices do not immediately charge when connected to a Lightning cable
- Resolves an issue that could cause iPhone XS devices to rejoin a Wi-Fi network at 2.4 GHz instead of 5 GHz
- Restores the original position of the ".?123" key on the iPad keyboard
- Fixes an issue where subtitles may not appear in some video apps
- Addresses an issue where Bluetooth could become unavailable
- For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222 (note: this does not appear updated yet for 12.0.1)

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Re: 12.0.1 released

Installed - The keyboard is fixed. This really bugged me. I never had a charging issue with my Xs.
The first update to 12.0.1 is coming out today after 1 pm EDT/10 am PDT (so, should be soon.) [edit: available now]

According to MacRumors, this will fix the charging issue with XS (and other phones), plus a bug in WiFi that preferred 2.4 GHz over 5 GHz networks. Finally, the "123" keyboard switch for the iPad is going back to its original lower left location (now that I just got used to the new location. Still, that's better.)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: 12.0.1 released

Thank you for letting us know....:cool:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Installing on my iPad at the moment.

Edit; I haven't noticed any difference at all.

Last edited:

Josh Leinen

May 21, 2018
Visit site
Wasn’t this update supposed to fix the Bluetooth issue of not being able to find or connect to devices? I have updated my iPad Pro and am still seeing the issue when trying to connect to my Bluetooth keyboard. Hopefully, tomorrow’s update will resolve it for me I’m hoping. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.