Shortcuts App (share and help)

jonny247

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Well, that's probably no more trouble than using a shortcut. I don't know of any Shortcuts forum related. May be one for imgur. Do you not have an iPhone to use for images?

Yes i have a iPhone use my ipod touch more tho for interneting and listing to music

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I’m not going to argue, but, fwiw, the shortcuts app is not installed by default. You need to get it deliberately, install it yourself from the App Store.

Oh don't misunderstand my replies, I'm not looking to argue about it either. It just some actions of it are hard to figure out and put it chain of command.

Yes I understand you need to download it from the app store as well.

And it is a lot easier to create a powerful workflow (if the shortcuts app supports your workflow, of course) than it is to develop an app yourself. And I could see a future where machine learning will make things easier in the shortcuts app eventually.

Honestly... When this first was released my first thought process was oh awesome an app similar to what launch pad was in blackberry ! While I do find it similar in some ways I see the other more complications it can provide.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
My bad... in my Good Day script, you need to fix one thing.

I made a change before I posted and there is a variable mismatch for news.

Go down to the news area and the variable that is red, remove that and select the headlines variable. I missed an “s”

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
What might help is if Apple had a browser based Shortcuts "app" in iCloud like there is for Notes, or Reminders. That way users could log in to iCloud and use a full size screen/desktop browser on a laptop or desktop to design, "test run", and debug (if needed) Shortcuts. The online Shortcuts app would have in context help and guided hints or more intuitive wizards that may not be possible in the iPhone based app. Then once known to work as desired, the user could "push" the Shortcut to your iPhone's Shortcut app or import via iCloud.

I'm like Pink and others above. Don't use Siri much (maybe I should), and even though I created a few Shortcuts (as posted earlier), I forget to use them. Perhaps because I did not see a way to get the Location logic to allow me to chose my home address, I'm subconsciously less inclined to create/use them, or because in my daily routines I'm not presented with a problem that requires solving with the Shortcuts app? (rhetorical questions for myself). And while I have taken programming courses, I promptly forgot most everything as I've not worked in developer roles. So maybe some consolation there as in my limited experience so far, getting the more complex Shortcuts designed, debugged, and working is probably not a "light switch" endeavor.

Back to the suggestion above, I'd also add an optional psuedocode or natural language/regular expression design step feature. That way if you sort of know what you want to do, but are not quite sure, then you can write out the "rough draft" actions and order of operations which could be coupled with or part of the debug feature.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ask me questions if you have them. I have scripts for pretty much everything

How would I create a Shortcut that creates a Contacts vCard (vcf file)? I used to do this with a feature in the Appzilla 4 app. But it was 32 bit and had been removed from the app store. I can do it in the SA Contacts app, but a Shortcuts for it would be cool.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
How would I create a Shortcut that creates a Contacts vCard (vcf file)? I used to do this with a feature in the Appzilla 4 app. But it was 32 bit and had been removed from the app store. I can do it in the SA Contacts app, but a Shortcuts for it would be cool.

What do you want the end result be? Share a contact?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What do you want the end result be? Share a contact?

Create a vcf file containing all my contacts and their info. Numbers, email addresses, etc. Everything I have on their contact cards. After I create the vcf file, I can then upload it to Box. I try to update my Contacts vCard from time to time to include new contacts.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This works pretty good for showing the lockscreen or homescreen on an iPhone frame. You get just the png image of the iPhone. If you want it on a background, you have to do that in Superimpose or some other app.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/fdd29edd525d4a6395e56a72871e07d1

Here I put my homescreen on a black background.
86f605224a1e299b74dc945ac6b239ef.jpg

jonny247

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
If you don't want to use the Shortcut, you can do it with this app, or check several sites online that do it.
Screenshot Maker Pro by Takahiko Hatano https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/screenshot-maker-pro/id673545271?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Why would you not want to use a shortcut?

Got that many shortcuts that I just use what I’m used to made my self would rather just have that red border wallpaper rather having to download the shortcut

Ware you get the red border?

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181109/86f605224a1e299b74dc945ac6b239ef.jpg

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members