Siri and Pandora in iOS 12

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
We’re supposed to be able to use Siri to start stations or playlists in Pandora with iOS 12. I’ve completely failed to make it work. I’ve tried using Siri to start a station from the lock screen, from the home screen, and within the app but no dice. A Google search hasn’t been helpful either. Using an iPhone 6 and iPad 5th gen.

Anyone have advice?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had Pandora installed in quite some time, but hopefully those who use it frequently will reply soon.

Larry_F

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
We’re supposed to be able to use Siri to start stations or playlists in Pandora with iOS 12. I’ve completely failed to make it work. I’ve tried using Siri to start a station from the lock screen, from the home screen, and within the app but no dice. A Google search hasn’t been helpful either. Using an iPhone 6 and iPad 5th gen.

Anyone have advice?

I haven't actually used Pandora with Siri yet, but I did get an update to Pandora this morning that said it added that capability. Once you have that version, go into Pandora settings and select Add Pandors to Siri. You will then be prompted as to whether you want to allow Siri to use Pandora data, and once you agree you should be able to do what you want.

Larry

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I haven't actually used Pandora with Siri yet, but I did get an update to Pandora this morning that said it added that capability. Once you have that version, go into Pandora settings and select Add Pandors to Siri. You will then be prompted as to whether you want to allow Siri to use Pandora data, and once you agree you should be able to do what you want.

Larry

I should have mentioned that I turned it on in Settings prior to posting here. No luck. It’s not even like it’s malfunctioning. It’s like Siri has no clue what I’m talking about; like there was no update at all.

80efd60ce2ec69e3ec44601be4b74ec7.png

muckle_dabuckle

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Have you tried going into the Siri settings, selecting my shortcuts, and re-recording your trigger phrase?

I haven't had any issues with it. I just added my playlist from the "add to Siri" option in the Pandora settings and recorded a phrase.

I have noticed saying "Hey Siri" rarely works since iOS 12. I always have to use the home button. So maybe Siri does have some issues for now.

decarlo78

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
I just updated my Pandora and used Siri to start one of my playlists with no problem. I can ask him to open Pandora and it works as well. I do think you have to individual add your playlists to Siri for the music to play because when I asked about an artist I hadn’t added to my playlist the reply was I can’t find that artist.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Larry

Working just fine here. I had to record the phrase I wanted it to use, but after that it's working fine.

0cb7b92a3ff277e5a1d8f0223b2a7c9e.jpg

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I made some progress with this. Here’s a fairly huge thing I missed: You have to download the Shortcuts app for this to work. I managed to get a couple of radio stations to work but I barely understand how I did it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner