Sending Photos from Library in Messages on iPad?

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
When I try to send a photo through Messages on my phone, it is easy to toggle between my library and the camera with the button that appears on the screen.

I’m not finding that same button anywhere when I try to do the same thing from my iPad. It starts me in the camera and I see no button to access the photo library. I need to go down to the “Apps” (which I usually have hidden) and select the photos icon. This is clunky and several extra steps.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it’s the same on the iPad, but on the iPhone at the top left corner there’s a button to take you to the library when the camera option is open.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, this was changed with iOS 12. I'm not sure why Apple changed this.

In the apps toolbar below the message box, there should be a button for the photos library on the far left. (You may have to tap the apps button to open the toolbar just to the left of the message box, just to the right of the camera button.) This is now the way that you access the photos library from the messages app in iOS 12.

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, Doogold. I found that. I’m just puzzled why there isn’t a button when the camera comes up to go to your photos like on the iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73