What is your iOS 12 Battery Experience?

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Very pleased to report that at 'update +48 hours' battery life appears to have stabilized at pretty much what it was on 11.4 ( which was good). I didn't do any 'knee-jerk fiddling' when in the early hours it seemed a bit down, but figured it was an indexing & settling out through the iOS & App spectrum. I have ( since 4S) always plugged in any and all devices overnight, -FORGET the old beliefs from pre li-ion days- and wherever / whenever a cord is handy. Other than my iPhone 6, which had chronic battery problems then a swollen battery ( demise of the device for me ) I have never had battery life problems in iOS....
This comment reflects my updates to Pad Mini4, iPad Air2, iPhones 6Plus,7Plus,8Plus

Last edited:

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Couple of days later, yes I think it has increased power usage so battery not lasting as long. Why do Apple updates never do what they say they are supposed to do ?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Way too soon to tell for me. My phone has had it about a day, my iPad mini 4 about three hours.

After almost a couple of weeks - battery life on the X is basically the same (if anything, maybe slightly better - definitely not worse), on the iPad mini 4 maybe a little bit better.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm hard pressed to say 'much better' ( as opposed to 'better)' -because it's always been good- great, and the temporary 'post- update dip' is predictable and expected

I guess, but after two years of heavy usage (Moderator on three sites) and my iPhone 7 Plus constantly being used in one way or another, the newer battery along with iOS12 is much better on my Xs Max. So for me it's not just iOS12, it's also the combination of a new battery.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My 8 Plus was worse. It was I instantly noticeable a d did not improve. Noticeably worse.

And I still had 100% battery health on it.