Is there a way to get Siri "My Shortcuts" to sync between devices?

GadgetGuru72

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello -

I cannot seem to figure out how to get Siri "My Shortcuts" to sync between devices.

To be clear, I am *not* talking about the Shortcuts created in what used to be the Workflow app. Those definitely sync between devices.

What I am talking about is the "My Shortcuts" that are created either apps or in the "Siri & Search" section. For some reason those appear to be created on a device-specific basis, which makes no sense. I don't want to have to mirror those on all of my devices.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
When I go to Siri under settings on my iPad, all the shortcuts I created on my iPhone are there. I didn’t need to do anything special.

GadgetGuru72

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
When I go to Siri under settings on my iPad, all the shortcuts I created on my iPhone are there. I didn’t need to do anything special.

Perhaps we are not talking about the exact same thing.

On my iPad, all the shortcuts I created on my iPhone are there too. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm specifically talking about the Siri prompts themselves.

For example, I have a Shortcut called "Directions Home." I created that shortcut on my iPhone, and it appears on my iPad too.

If I go into the settings for the "Directions Home" shortcut, there is an option to "Add to Siri." If you click that option, you are allowed to say a phrase that will then allow Siri to launch this shortcut. You could say something obvious like "Directions Home." That way, if you're driving and say "Hey Siri, Directions Home," it will launch that shortcut and give you directions home.

*THAT* part is not syncing. I have about 20 shortcuts. All 20 appear on all my devices. Of those 20, I added the "Add to Siri" feature to about 8 of them. Those 8 shortcuts can now be activated with my voice using Siri on my iPhone, and none of those "Add to Siri" commands transferred to my other devices.

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have one that I recorded on my iPhone X and just checked my iPad mini 4 - it is also there.

I did some searching on twitter and Apple says that they should sync. Some people suggest power cycling all devices, one or two said that they fixed it by toggling settings / iCloud / Siri under sync settings on all devices.

GadgetGuru72

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have one that I recorded on my iPhone X and just checked my iPad mini 4 - it is also there.

I did some searching on twitter and Apple says that they should sync. Some people suggest power cycling all devices, one or two said that they fixed it by toggling settings / iCloud / Siri under sync settings on all devices.

THANK YOU!! In combination, that worked. I power cycled all devices -- still didn't sync. I toggled the settings on all devices -- still didn't sync. I power cycled again after toggling the settings, and now everything is in sync.

THANK YOU again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73