Today's the Day! iOS 12 will be released for everyone.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I also updated my iPad when I got home and it went quickly and smoothly. I'm very happy about this update!

Oh dam*it !!! You just reminded me I have to do my iPad Air I was so focused on making sure I had my X & Watch 2 done that I forgot about my wittle air buddy lol

So far everything has been great with the update for me

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the gold master last week. It’s working great for me. Not understanding the anger and drama being posted. If you don’t like something then get something else. Seems fairly simple. At least that’s what I do.

Wouldn’t it be great if it were that simple for everyone? ....

montecito79

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
One question regarding Do not disturb option. When I 3D touch in control centar I have just 3 options, not the new ones. Anyone with the same problem?

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
One question regarding Do not disturb option. When I 3D touch in control centar I have just 3 options, not the new ones. Anyone with the same problem?

The calendar event one? It only shows when you have a current calendar event.

First screenshot is no events in my calendar and second was a test in current timeframe to show what it should read as.

b6d2c9a912f895570ba6d321d4da9c36.jpg

7d49cd4b7f9919fb69fa84ffa249582e.jpg

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Just did iOS 12 on all devices ( my iPhone 7Plus, My Wife's 8Plus, my Mini4, her IPad Air 2 and the old 'spare' ( her retired iPhone 6Plus). All updates OTA and were smooth. The 8Plus was unbelievably fast - I could see the 'progress bar' moving most of the time....All 'App updates' were 'in theory' done before I did the actual OS, but each device needed a at least 10 and one, ( can't remember which) needed 22...I guess some apps had to 'catch up' with the newer iOS
Devices all seem smooth and in particular, my iPad mini 4 and the spare 6Plus are noticeably quicker, as expected

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
This is a known issue that will be fixed with a future iOS 12 update. In the last few years, the first iOS 10 and iOS 11 updates came fast, but who knows if the same will be the case or if the first update will be the one that fixes this issue.

I haven't even looked to see if mine are there or not. (It's not anything I care all that much about. I work out daily and if I get awards, I get them, but it's not what motivates me to work out.)

See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209112

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Just did iOS 12 on all devices ( my iPhone 7Plus, My Wife's 8Plus, my Mini4, her IPad Air 2 and the old 'spare' ( her retired iPhone 6Plus). All updates OTA and were smooth. The 8Plus was unbelievably fast - I could see the 'progress bar' moving most of the time....All 'App updates' were 'in theory' done before I did the actual OS, but each device needed a at least 10 and one, ( can't remember which) needed 22...I guess some apps had to 'catch up' with the newer iOS
Devices all seem smooth and in particular, my iPad mini 4 and the spare 6Plus are noticeably quicker, as expected

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Have you restarted your iPad? Which iPad is it and what iOS version is it on currently?

Yes I have. It’s an IPP 9.7 and it’s currently on iOS 11 something (the latest one of ios11)
Granted my iPad is my main device and it is showing signs of wear and tear, it’s slow and rickety, I was waiting for an iPad release but Apple decided not to.
I have to keep it plugged in.
I was hoping that iOS 12 would help it but obviously I’ll never know.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have. It’s an IPP 9.7 and it’s currently on iOS 11 something (the latest one of ios11)
Granted my iPad is my main device and it is showing signs of wear and tear, it’s slow and rickety, I was waiting for an iPad release but Apple decided not to.

Can you do it “manually “ through iTunes on a desktop maybe?

So far we’ve updated:
iPhone 7 Xs 2
iPhone 6 Xs 2
iPad Mini 2 Xs 2
iPad Pro and iPad Pro 9.7

All seem pretty stable and snappy. The performance of the minis has increased greatly though neither kid can get Blocks World running. For whatever reason they think pulling Control Center from the right corner is awesome, lol. My only complaint is the switching of the emoji/number keys. That’s driving me batsh**!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

Interesting. I have the same device and had no issues. Hopefully someone can help you with more information.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR