iOS 12 GM is now live!

anon(9343851)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I’m one of those people who does a clean install of iOS several times a years and especially after a major update. Tomorrow evening or sometime over the weekend, I will do a clean install of iOS 12. Why? I do it because I want to. In addition, i truly believe that it has prevented me from experiencing many of the problems others have had throughout the years, although I don’t have any scientific proof or anything. But hey, that’s Just Me, D...

This is the reason I update through iTunes rather than over-the-air (which only applies a delta update for .x releases). In my case that’s been enough to avoid the issues people often bring up following an update.

Does it show up even you’re not connected to that device? I mean like from iOS 11. By just turning on bluetooth, it’s already on status bar even you’re not yet connected to some Bluetooth device.

The Bluetooth icon only shows up in the status bar if you’ve got a Bluetooth device connected, eg. an Apple Watch.

Last edited:

Ospot

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Does it show up even you’re not connected to that device? I mean like from iOS 11. By just turning on bluetooth, it’s already on status bar even you’re not yet connected to some Bluetooth device.

I've lost my icon several Beta's ago. I submitted feedback but nothing happened. I do not get the Bluetooth icon at any point any longer, regardless if i am connected to a Bluetooth device or not. On a side not, my do not disturb with driving also does not automatically turn on when connected to my Bluetooth in my car. sigh.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
This is the reason I update through iTunes rather than over-the-air (which only applies a delta update for .x releases). In my case that’s been enough to avoid the issues people often bring up following an update.

The Bluetooth icon only shows up in the status bar if you’ve got a Bluetooth device connected, eg. an Apple Watch.

I have both an 8 Plus and an X and when my Apple Watch is connected, there is no bluetooth icon in the status bar. Went into settings>bluetooth and my watch is connected. I am running the GM of iOS 12.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I took the time to do a clean install of iOS 12 yesterday evening and as expected, everything is as smooth as butter. Now bring on the beta of iOS 12.1....

oladob

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Anyone seeing a hit in the battery drain with the GM? Mine seems to be draining a bit more quickly than I have been accustomed to.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone seeing a hit in the battery drain with the GM? Mine seems to be draining a bit more quickly than I have been accustomed to.

Mine is being consumed quite a bit, but I’ve been on my iPhone since about 7 A.M. this morning.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Mine seems to be draining a little more quickly...don't think that I am using the phone any more than usual. 1 hour 8 minutes shown by screen time and I took it off the charger at 6:30 am.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
My 8+ seemed to be draining a little quicker, getting a little warmer and taking longer to charge. I broke down and did a full reset. Took 4 hours to set it back up as new. Lost all my Activity app data for the last 5 months. (My fault). Anyways, it’s back up and chugging along like a champ. It has no idea that it’s days are numbered here and it will soon be shipped back to where ever it came from. 🤫

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My 8+ seemed to be draining a little quicker, getting a little warmer and taking longer to charge. I broke down and did a full reset. Took 4 hours to set it back up as new. Lost all my Activity app data for the last 5 months. (My fault). Anyways, it’s back up and chugging along like a champ. It has no idea that it’s days are numbered here and it will soon be shipped back to where ever it came from. 🤫

The activity data should return automatically. Mine did.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox