iOS 12 GM is now live!

iPh6ne6

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Who does a factory reset after a major update and why? I know the Android community is all about a factory reset and it does seem to make a difference but I’m not sure it’s necessary with iOS, or is it??

I’ve done several in the past. Doesn’t make a blind bit of difference apart from recovering a bit of memory.

Waste of time if you ask me.

IMO, it’s all psychological.

Last edited:

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I’ve done several in the past. Doesn’t make a blind bit of difference apart from recovering a bit of memory.

Waste of time if you ask me.

IMO, it’s all physiological.

I tend to agree. After a reset and set up you end up back where you started fairly quickly. I don’t think there’s any real benefit.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Who does a factory reset after a major update and why? I know the Android community is all about a factory reset and it does seem to make a difference but I’m not sure it’s necessary with iOS, or is it??

I’m one of those people who does a clean install of iOS several times a years and especially after a major update. Tomorrow evening or sometime over the weekend, I will do a clean install of iOS 12. Why? I do it because I want to. In addition, i truly believe that it has prevented me from experiencing many of the problems others have had throughout the years, although I don’t have any scientific proof or anything. But hey, that’s Just Me, D...

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I’m one of those people who does a clean install of iOS several times a years and especially after a major update. Tomorrow evening or sometime over the weekend, I will do a clean install of iOS 12. Why? I do it because I want to. In addition, i truly believe that it has prevented me from experiencing many of the problems others have had throughout the years, although I don’t have any scientific proof or anything. But hey, that’s Just Me, D...

I would consider doing one even though I’m not sure it’s worth if I wasn’t planning on getting a Xs Max in the near future. It seems pointless considering that.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Does it show up even you’re not connected to that device? I mean like from iOS 11. By just turning on bluetooth, it’s already on status bar even you’re not yet connected to some Bluetooth device.

No, when the device is connected.