iOS 12 GM is now live!

iPh6ne6

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: And go GM iOS 12

Just started downloading.

27 minutes apparently.

Will delete the Beta profile afterwards

EDIT: finished downloading in less than five minutes.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

It’s the same build as the last beta. Just build # tweaked. Nothing new to this build.

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site

Here's a stupid question...when do we get to see the Siri Shortcuts app? I don't see it anywhere in the public GM.

oladob

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

92e1399c1baf76a5c5ff77d90f2b44be.jpg

Just downloading. It's massive compared to all the betas

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

So will we get a second official update next week that wipes out the beta profile/etc. or how does that work? 12 was the first time I've done a beta. Thinking it's time to go to release version for a while once it's out. I thought I read that it will automatically update but I guess today's update isn't it cause the App Store still tells me I'm not on an official version if I try to review an app for instance and the beta profile thing is still installed (do I need to uninstall that?).

iPh6ne6

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site

So will we get a second official update next week that wipes out the beta profile/etc. or how does that work? 12 was the first time I've done a beta. Thinking it's time to go to release version for a while once it's out. I thought I read that it will automatically update but I guess today's update isn't it cause the App Store still tells me I'm not on an official version if I try to review an app for instance and the beta profile thing is still installed (do I need to uninstall that?).

The version that went live tonight is the version that will go live for everyone, next week.

You won’t get an update prompt as you already have it.

You can now delete the beta profile off your phone if you want.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

The version that went live tonight is the version that will go live for everyone, next week.

You won’t get an update prompt as you already have it.

You can now delete the beta profile off your phone if you want.

Ah ok, I thought I read that beta users get today's update and then would get an official update next week as well?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

I guess if I run into issues I could just do a backup, then do a full recovery type install of 12 wiping out everything next week and restore my backup.

iPh6ne6

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site

One thing I haven’t seen since running iOS 12 is grouped notifications.

All my WhatsApp notifications for example, still show separately

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

One thing I haven’t seen since running iOS 12 is grouped notifications.

All my WhatsApp notifications for example, still show separately

Go to Settings > Notifications > WhatsApp and scroll down to change your preference for grouping.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

It took forever to download the GM onto my iPhone X while at work, it finished installing literally as I was about to leave the office and head home. Perfect timing, huh?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The GM is running very smoothly on my iPhone X, therefore, I will do a clean install of it this weekend - perhaps Friday night while watching whatever college football game will be airing on ESPN.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR