iOS 12 Public Beta 5 available

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Wow! I guess I'll be updating in a couple hours when I get home. I wonder if there was a serious bug or something in PB4. There was a large time delay between 3-4 but 4 was not out very long. I've had no problems with it though so definitely surprised to see this already.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I just did. No issue even closed out settings a few times are tried a few different apps. Still no issues.

That’s strange, I can’t open a single one without getting a black screen. Even after several resets, it still does it. After force closing a few times I get a white screen, then Settings finally comes back.

Edit... just tried it again and I don’t even have to go as far down as my apps. I can only open as far as Passwords and Accounts, any further down and it’s just a black screen.

Last edited:

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I never even change the settings on my apps since I have them all setup so I guess I would’ve never even noticed that lol.

I’m probably not the best beta tester for Apple cause I don’t do that much on my phone. I just like the new software early. 🤷🏻*♂️

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
That’s strange, I can’t open a single one without getting a black screen. Even after several resets, it still does it. After force closing a few times I get a white screen, then Settings finally comes back.

I got the blank with screen randomly in settings on early betas. But not the last 2. What device do you have? Maybe it’s a bug to a specific device. I have the X. I’m assuming you rebooted to make sure?

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I got the blank with screen randomly in settings on early betas. But not the last 2. What device do you have? Maybe it’s a bug to a specific device. I have the X. I’m assuming you rebooted to make sure?

I’ve got an 8... and yes, rebooted several times. Still the same, anything below Passwords and Accounts and it’s just a black screen. Everything above that is ok though.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I’ve got an 8... and yes, rebooted several times. Still the same, anything below Passwords and Accounts and it’s just a black screen. Everything above that is ok though.

I just tried every stock app under passwords and accounts and not a single issue. Tried maybe 5 third party apps down below too. Still no issues. So now the thing is maybe somebody here with an 8 can confirm. If theirs is fine, then likely not a bug. Maybe just a bad install.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

No issues here mate

iossparky

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if this fixes iMessage respringing it shuts down my phone and restarts to lock screen newbie on this beta thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro