iOS 12 Developer Beta 5 is ready for download

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have been testing and validating iOS for a very very very long time and iOS 12 is by far the most stable beta to date. I guess  is really dialing back on features and putting the team on performance.

In fact, it is stable enough to put the family on the beta to help me test, well not the wife, don’t want to hear her wrath in case something doesn’t work.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have been testing and validating iOS for a very very very long time and iOS 12 is by far the most stable beta to date. I guess  is really dialing back on features and putting the team on performance.

In fact, it is stable enough to put the family on the beta to help me test, well not the wife, don’t want to hear her wrath in case something doesn’t work.

Absolutely. Like you, I have been beta testing iOS for a very long time and iOS 12 is the best beta experience I can remember. Kids have it on their iPads but also steering clear of my wife’s iPhone for the time being.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I don’t dare put it on my wife’s phone or iPad. She uses both for business. If an a certain app or something doesn’t work, it could cost us a lot of money. Sure she could downgrade but it’s time consuming which is not ideal for her.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Twice yesterday my phone re-sprung while hitting send key on an iMessage. One of them was pretty long so typing it all out again was no fun. Surprised for this to happen in a beta 5. I’d expect that more in an early beta.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Twice yesterday my phone re-sprung while hitting send key on an iMessage. One of them was pretty long so typing it all out again was no fun. Surprised for this to happen in a beta 5. I’d expect that more in an early beta.

I have had better luck with iOS 12 betas so far. On beta 4 I had 1 respring and that was it.
I guess it’s also device specific of how many resprings one has.

Jumpman89

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
A few hiccups here and there after using it for 4 days...

- multiple resprings when typing a reply in messages.

- phone alarm goes off at. 5:45 every morning even if it isn’t set to. And it isn’t the full alarm sequence, just a notification and one ring of the atlas tone. It’s odd. Nothing is set in clock, calendar or bedtime apps.

13fad2633f68d090820e3c9bb5630bc5.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Yesterday, I had one re-spring while using the Messages app, but that was it. No other issue to date.

zulu1128

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site

This happened to me a couple times on the public beta as well.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed that when I am on a call and have the speaker activated, the speaker icon indicates that the speaker switches off, and I lose sound, and then switches back on and the speaker works again. Anyone else notice this? Using an iPhone X.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Just had my first respring, while trying to send a message....how annoying

I just noticed that when I am on a call and have the speaker activated, the speaker icon indicates that the speaker switches off, and I lose sound, and then switches back on and the speaker works again. Anyone else notice this? Using an iPhone X.

I can’t say I’ve run into this issue & I use the speaker option all the time....or maybe I just haven’t paid attention to it. I’ll try to pay attention & see if it happens.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I’ve had my phone re-spring twice while hitting the send key on iMessages.

I have had same issue. Two resprings. Mine were while trying to dictate messages using Siri through the handsfree on my Toyota Entune audio system. The Entune is garbage, and my sense was that the issue is with the BT stack and not iOS 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro