iOS 12 Developer Beta 5 is ready for download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Seems snappy within the first few hours of testing. Battery seems to be steady, too.

I finished installing it about 15 minutes ago, and now I'm waiting for Dev beta 5 for Mojave to finish downloading so I can install it on my MacBook Pro. My iPhone X was running exceptionally well on the previous beta and I expect it to do the same with this one, too.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up, sir. I was pretty swamped at work today so I'm running behind on today's tech news. I wasn't even expecting the update until tomorrow, but hey, I'm thankful to have it today. Anyway, thanks again for the heads-up...:cool:

Yep, I was pretty swamped at work today also and had to take a late lunch...just checked on a whim and it was available. Guess today I was happy for a "lunchtime" meeting!

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Would you mind trying native and see if it's fixed?

Bug is still there, WTF. It's been FIVE beta builds and this is a core application. I'm shocked to say the least, going back to iOS 11.4.1..AGAIN. It's unlikely at this point they will fix this before releasing iOS 12. I'm staying with iOS 11 as long as possible.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I had quite a bit of issues with betas 3 and 4 stuff. Random freezing in Settings app, subpar battery life, and etc. I installed right when it released this morning but it’s too soon for me to give accurate feedback. Time will tell.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Battery Health is now out of beta. I thought maybe it wasn’t reading my phone right since it said my X was still at 100% still but I guess it’s right. This X is 4 months old.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
If someone with an exchange account can verify that all options sync while supporting push, that would be fantastic. On all beta builds so far, I have yet to get one that doesn't require me to manually refresh in the apple email app.

On iOS 11, all push options for exchange work perfectly.

Mine is fixed on the previous version. Not sure why you’re still having issues with exchange.

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes working fine for me also with two Office 365 accounts

Mine works for 30 minutes each beta then stops push altogether. I then have to go in to do a manual refresh. It works great for 30 minutes or right after a reboot, but stops after roughly that time frame. I've filled bug reports with Apple each beta build.

Jumpman89

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Bug is still there, WTF. It's been FIVE beta builds and this is a core application. I'm shocked to say the least, going back to iOS 11.4.1..AGAIN. It's unlikely at this point they will fix this before releasing iOS 12. I'm staying with iOS 11 as long as possible.

Maybe the bug is on your work server’s end?

Jumpman89

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I finished installing it about 15 minutes ago, and now I'm waiting for Dev beta 5 for Mojave to finish downloading so I can install it on my MacBook Pro. My iPhone X was running exceptionally well on the previous beta and I expect it to do the same with this one, too.

Had my first respring but I was putting it through the ringer. Or maybe I should say through the springer? Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As for the sync & push issue with exchange accounts using the native Mail app, I’m not seeing the a problem. I have it configured on my iPhone X running the latest dev beta and everything syncs and pushes almost instantly, but it’s been like that long before this beta build.

I get a ton of meeting requests, reminders, shared calendar events, reschedule notices, and email every day during the work week.

Jumpman89

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
As for the sync & push issue with exchange accounts using the native Mail app, I’m not seeing the a problem. I have it configured on my iPhone X running the latest dev beta and everything syncs and pushes almost instantly, but it’s been like that long before this beta build.

I get a ton of meeting requests, reminders, shared calendar events, reschedule notices, and email every day during the work week.

Yeah it works great for me, too. All I’m thinking is that iOS 12 may not play well with his work e-mail servers?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
So far no random freezing after 24 hours so it seems that has finally been fixed. Battery was ok the first 24 hours. Not great. So far this build is pretty solid.

egrier65

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Yeah it works great for me, too. All I’m thinking is that iOS 12 may not play well with his work e-mail servers?

I also use the native Mail app with exchange and haven't had any issues with push notifications. When I get mail or whatever on my work computer, it comes to my phone also.

Status
Not open for further replies.