iPad Pro 9.7 Battery Issues

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
My iPad Pro 9.7 has been rapidly draining battery power ever since I updated to iOS 11.4.1. I took it to the Genius Bar and their diagnostics said that the battery was good. They put the iPad into DFU mode and reloaded the OS. We set the iPad up as new rather than restore. And still the battery is rapidly draining. I’ve turned off location services, background refresh and email push. Is there anything else that I can do?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Let the device settle for a day or two with the new iOS installation. In addition, go through each setting (device and app) to make sure things are as you like them. I also recommend paying attention to the battery settings to see what is utilizing the most battery consumption.

aniss.kais

Oct 5, 2017
Visit site
I’m considering this. Can’t wait to put iOS 11 in the rear view mirror.

iOS 11 has just ruined my iPad Pro 9,7. The animations were very laggy, the battery was draining crazy fast, especially when using YouTube. Since I updated to iOS 12 beta 3, I found all the power I lost. I’m discovering again my device. Suggest you to update to the latest beta. Runs really like a final release, and infinitely better than all iOS 11 versions

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
iOS 11 has just ruined my iPad Pro 9,7. The animations were very laggy, the battery was draining crazy fast, especially when using YouTube. Since I updated to iOS 12 beta 3, I found all the power I lost. I’m discovering again my device. Suggest you to update to the latest beta. Runs really like a final release, and infinitely better than all iOS 11 versions

Thanks for the feedback. I may give this a try.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
My iPad Pro 9.7 has been steadily “drying up” for a while now. I have no idea if this is due to iOS 11 or if it’s just getting long in the tooth (it’s my main device, I don’t use a laptop anymore) but it hiccups like a drunken old sailor after a greasy meal and I want a new one.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
11.4 was just fine on mine and 12 runs great also. And I use mine daily with several apps like what you see on HGTV except for pro a/v installs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234