iOS 12 Public Beta 3 is now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

oladob

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
My Apple News widget doesn’t work in beta 3. It just says, “Read Stories in Apple News.” It doesn’t show the headlines. Anyone else?

Same here for a few minutes. Also the TV widget suggested I didn't have any videos (which I did) and the TV app as well didn't show anything under store tab. Resolved after a network settings reset. It however had some funny behaviour last night glitch in out to a completely dark screen like it was completely off. The only way I knew it wasn't off was for my podcast playing in the background and my wireless charger indicating it was charging. Weird.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Have had the camera app freeze on launching a couple times (black view finder until I force close and reopen), but other than that it has been pretty stable for me. Of course I haven't had it on for a full day yet so that could change. Overall feels like a nice evolution of ios 11.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

I've been using it on both my iPhone and iPad since beta 1 with no really breaking issues. I wouldn't use it if your main device is needed for critical stuff but if it's not, IMO I'd say go for it. There's definitely minor issues here and there but nothing that makes me want to restore back to 11.4.x

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Had an odd day today. Went to the movies and pulled my phone out halfway through because I had received any notifications (which is odd honestly) only to find out my phone was off. And it wouldn’t turn back on. Pressed the power button several times to no avail. Pressed and held it down and noticed two flashing red lights in the notch area (never seen that before). I imagine I only noticed the red lights because I was in a dark theater.

Anyway, my phone wouldn’t turn on for a good hour to hour and a half. After continuing to mess with it after the movie it finally powered on and I haven’t had an issue since. Odd and extremely frustrating issue.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
This might be the buggiest build I’ve experienced. Messages icon badges won’t go away. Missed call icon badge not showing after missing calls. Missing calls (phone not even ringing on my end) randomly. Text thread conversations out of order. Submitted a few bug reports but if the missing calls issue continues I may have to jump ship.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This might be the buggiest build I’ve experienced. Messages icon badges won’t go away. Missed call icon badge not showing after missing calls. Missing calls (phone not even ringing on my end) randomly. Text thread conversations out of order. Submitted a few bug reports but if the missing calls issue continues I may have to jump ship.

I’m not experiencing any of that, thankfully. Have you considered doing a clean install?

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

Been having a lot of these issues with my 6 plus since PB2 still having them on this build, not as often as PB2, but seems to act up worse when it does happen in this build (as in just killing the app and reopening doesn’t always fix it. Sometimes have to kill the app multiple times and lock the phone and unlock it to get things to get back to normal on the messaging app)

bmac360

Jun 27, 2018
Visit site
Been having a lot of these issues with my 6 plus since PB2 still having them on this build, not as often as PB2, but seems to act up worse when it does happen in this build (as in just killing the app and reopening doesn’t always fix it. Sometimes have to kill the app multiple times and lock the phone and unlock it to get things to get back to normal on the messaging app)

On my 6 Plus, I was still having the message issues, and missing calls. Since this was my daily driver, I had to go back to 11.4. Though no question once the bugs get worked out 12 should be great!

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
On my 6 Plus, I was still having the message issues, and missing calls. Since this was my daily driver, I had to go back to 11.4. Though no question once the bugs get worked out 12 should be great!

I thought I had made a back up before I went to 12 but it backed up right over it after the update so I have been trying to tough it out. If pb4 doesn’t fix it I’ll bite the bullet and just lose everything and go back to 11.4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner