IOS 12 Public Beta 2, iTunes 12.8.1.150 and MacOS 10.13.6

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Unable to connect to iTunes via USB inorder to synch. iTunes says I need to download an update before I can connet my phone to my Mac. The download fails saying the update is not available on the server. I have USB Accessories turned off. Anyone else have this issue?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Which device are you trying to update?
2. If it’s the iPhone, what iOS version is it currently running?
3. If it’s iOS 11.x, you need to download and install the iOS 12 beta profile before you can install iOS 12.
4. If iTunes is indicating that the current iTunes version needs to be updated, then connect the computer to the internet and then update the iTunes version.

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Was trying to synch both my iPhone 7 and iPad Mini 4 with IOS 12 Public Beta 2 installed. Found the fix on another forum... install Xcode 10 Beta 3 on the iMac. It installs something that allowed iTunes 10.8.0.150 to communicate with the iPhone or iPad via USB. This is the first time I have had an issue synching IOS devices running Public Betas to iTunes.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Was trying to synch both my iPhone 7 and iPad Mini 4 with IOS 12 Public Beta 2 installed. Found the fix on another forum... install Xcode 10 Beta 3 on the iMac. It installs something that allowed iTunes 10.8.0.150 to communicate with the iPhone or iPad via USB. This is the first time I have had an issue synching IOS devices running Public Betas to iTunes.

Okay. Thanks for the update and I’m glad the issue is resolved.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

OK, thanks, but how do I do this?

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Go to https://developer.apple.com/download/ and download Xcode 10 beta 3, unzip it and install the app from within your applications folder on your Mac. If a window asks whether you want to install additional items, approve that. The download is around 5 GB and the unzip and install takes a while. Before you do any of the above, check that you have enough disk space. Bon chance.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again, I went to the Apple developer page and found the download...and it fixed the issue. I also have never had this issue with syncing iOS devices running Beta software to iTunes.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I also had the issue (which is a first for having this type of issue). It is strange because it worked the other day in itunes without saying it needed a new download. Downloading the xcode beta now.

Junior33178

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: IOS 12 Public Beta 2, iTunes 12.8.1.150 and MacOS 10.13.6I have th

Unable to connect to iTunes via USB inorder to synch. iTunes says I need to download an update before I can connet my phone to my Mac. The download fails saying the update is not available on the server. I have USB Accessories turned off. Anyone else have this issue?

I have this issue too, but I've downloaded Xcode Beta 4 and it is olny High Sierra compatible and my mac is on OS Sierra, I've checked this thread out but it seems i'm the only one with this situation. Any ideas folks?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2