Is anyone having issues w/the App Store not loading/searching through your purchase history?

Steve Belli

Jul 6, 2018
Visit site
I've been enjoying the iOS 12 public beta so far but one annoying problem is that when I go to Purchases in the App Store, I keep getting "No Purchases".

Never had this issue before the beta. Also I cannot tell if I have purchased an app even when after finding it via search on the store. Instead of having the little cloud icon to download, it gives me the price. When I go to download it, then I get the message saying that I had owned a previous version of the app and the download would be free.

All of this is kind of a pain because I have had an iPhone X for just a few weeks and I've been reading about games and apps that are optimized for the X screen. But I've bought so many things over the years, that I don't always remember if I had purchased it on iPhone or an Android tablet I had.

Anyone else having App Store issues with the new beta? Especially not being able to load or search through your purchase history?

P.S. One of the main reasons I decide to try the beta was the fact that I was starting fresh anyway and hated the way that iOS 11 handled app closing on the iPhone X.

pinkoos

May 21, 2016
Visit site
Yes!!! Finally someone else with the same issue. I posted on another forum and came across one other person dealing with this same problem. My problem is exactly as you described - my profile shows "No Purchases;" however, my family's purchases (we have iCloud Family Sharing) show up just fine. Also, if my family members look up my profile on their devices, my purchases show up just fine. I too have the same problem with the App Store not showing whether an app has been purchased by me previously - every app either shows "Get" (for free apps) or the price (for paid apps)...no cloud icon at all.

My troubleshooting steps - log out of/into the App Store, reset network settings, reboot my iPhone X, tried using various networks (ie, different wifi, my LTE, etc.).

I even contacted Apple Support via Twitter and their only suggestion was to downgrade back to 11.4 and report back to them if the problem was gone or still there. Since I didn't back up my iOS 11 install prior to going the iOS 12 beta route (I know, my bad), I've opted not to try this suggestion, hoping that maybe this will get resolved with the next developer beta release.

pinkoos

May 21, 2016
Visit site
By the way, be sure you file feedback about this bug to Apple. Based on the very few people reporting it, Apple may not make it a priority to fix until later in the beta cycle.

wisthrop

Jul 21, 2018
Visit site
Just installed dev beta 4 and I'm still having the App Store problem.

Me too! Since installing the beta and now even through the newest release I have the same problem. Reported to Apple through the Feedback app in both beta versions. I’m on an iPhone 7 Plus.

pinkoos

May 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm debating whether to try a restore this weekend, though I read somewhere (maybe macrumors) that someone tried that and still had the App Store problem. It's very frustrating. I wonder if it's a server side issue. I've filed a couple of feedbacks regarding this for each beta version but I don't have high hopes of it getting resolved, possibly not even until GM.

pinkoos

May 21, 2016
Visit site
I don't think I've come across an instance where I needed to restore an IAP so I haven't monitored that. But, I'll see if anything seems amiss the next chance I get to have to restore an IAP.

pinkoos

May 21, 2016
Visit site
So I took one for the team: performed an iOS 12 iCloud backup, erased my device and then restored the backup to my device.

And, drumroll....problem STILL there.

Exact same issues, nothing new.

That’s a few hours of my life that I’ll never get back.

BTW, my IAP seem to be working correctly.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So I took one for the team: performed an iOS 12 iCloud backup, erased my device and then restored the backup to my device.

And, drumroll....problem STILL there.

Exact same issues, nothing new.

That’s a few hours of my life that I’ll never get back.

BTW, my IAP seem to be working correctly.

To each his or her own, but if you’re going to take the time to erase your device due to a problem, why not take the time to set it up as new? Restoring from a backup may cause you to restore the problem.

Now in regard to purchased items not appearing in the App Store in iOS 12, I can gladly tell you that all of mine of readily available.

pinkoos

May 21, 2016
Visit site
With more than 200 apps all with different logins, custom setup notifications, etc., setting up as new is not an option at this point. What took me several hours last night would take triple the amount of time if setting up as new. Just not a practical solution.

Volcom45

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
In App Purchases and restores of them broken in the iOS 12 betas?

The last few iOS 12 betas, I've been unable to start a trial in-app purchase in a couple apps as well as make an in app purchase or restore a previous in app purchase. I either tap restore in app and it does nothing, or I get an endless spinning circle when trying to start a new one. Has anyone else ran into this? This a known issue? If so, any workarounds to restore your purchases? Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: In App Purchases and restores of them broken in the iOS 12 betas?

The last few iOS 12 betas, I've been unable to start a trial in-app purchase in a couple apps as well as make an in app purchase or restore a previous in app purchase. I either tap restore in app and it does nothing, or I get an endless spinning circle when trying to start a new one. Has anyone else ran into this? This a known issue? If so, any workarounds to restore your purchases? Thanks.

Hopefully those who are having this issue will reply soon.

stephengsy

Aug 8, 2018
Visit site
I’m having issues with this too. Had feedback via the feedback app from apple. Just saying there’s been some software changes and to report if still experiencing issues. Had since beta 1 and report every time.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW