iOS 12 Public Beta 2

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
If you're on the iOS 12 beta, delete your beta profile from your iPhone, restart the phone (and the watch if you wish) and you should be able to update the watch with no problem. Worked for me and many others.

Yep, worked for me too. However, I wish that Apple could do something to make the update process a little "quicker"...it is painfully slow!

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Ok I've found one serious annoyance that I unfortunately suspect is a permanent iOS12 feature and definitely not some kind of bug. In messaging the ability to add photos to a message has been moved from tapping the camera icon to a "photos app" in the extra app bar. Why is this annoying? Well, 98% of the time I don't use anything in the app bar so I always did the "tap the 'A' icon" to hide the thing. Now I have to go into it if I'm typing a message and want to add a photo from the camera roll. My problem with it is the permanent loss of screen real estate.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Ok I've found one serious annoyance that I unfortunately suspect is a permanent iOS12 feature and definitely not some kind of bug. In messaging the ability to add photos to a message has been moved from tapping the camera icon to a "photos app" in the extra app bar. Why is this annoying? Well, 98% of the time I don't use anything in the app bar so I always did the "tap the 'A' icon" to hide the thing. Now I have to go into it if I'm typing a message and want to add a photo from the camera roll. My problem with it is the permanent loss of screen real estate.

While I agree with you that it is an annoyance, I have come to adapt to the new way of photo sharing pretty quick. In a few months you won’t even remember the ‘old’ way anymore.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
My issues are like most others. Apple watch contacts not syncing. Ill try the fix. Also my wallpapers are not movable/scalable. And shuffle doesn't work correctly most of the time. One time I had 2 songs going at once lol.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

It bothered me at first as well. But it took me about a day to get used to it. I definitely wouldn’t classify it as a serious annoyance. Change tends to be annoying at first so I get it, but I’m sure you will adjust.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
While I agree with you that it is an annoyance, I have come to adapt to the new way of photo sharing pretty quick. In a few months you won’t even remember the ‘old’ way anymore.
It bothered me at first as well. But it took me about a day to get used to it. I definitely wouldn’t classify it as a serious annoyance. Change tends to be annoying at first so I get it, but I’m sure you will adjust.

Well, it's annoying because if I want to leave the app bar closed up to not take up extra screen real estate then it's an extra tap every time to get to them plus another extra tap after to close the bar back up. Before you just had to tap the camera icon and either take a picture or start selecting photos. The only thing I can think of is they didn't have a choice to move it because the camera needs to work full screen now to be able to do all the new stickers/AR stuff.

derekgraham78

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
It was my fault I’m battling bronchitis and didn’t realize how early it was. I had the correct time just thought it was later then it really was.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It was my fault I’m battling bronchitis and didn’t realize how early it was. I had the correct time just thought it was later then it really was.

I’m sorry to hear this. Feel better soon.

Sometimes it’s a blessing to realize it’s earlier and sometimes it’s a curse. Depends on the day and perception.

anon(6014961)

May 31, 2014
Visit site
My issues are like most others. Apple watch contacts not syncing. Ill try the fix. Also my wallpapers are not movable/scalable. And shuffle doesn't work correctly most of the time. One time I had 2 songs going at once lol.

I noticed that with the wallpapers, annoying!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2