iOS 12 Public Beta 2

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Is there anyway to tell my Mac that I want to use a different backup than the latest one that is on it? I thought I was restoring 11.4 but it apparently has made one with 12.0 and I couldn’t figure out a way to tell it to use a later one?

Did you make an encrypted backup of 11.4? If not, and a 12.0 backup was completed over your 11.4 one then you are stuck on 12.0 unless go back to 11.4 and setup as new.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I’m noticing I can’t enter a text thread from the text preview. Previously (on iOS 11) I was able to respond and view the most recent message via the text preview screen. If I wanted to enter the thread, I could tap the preview and it would take me into the full conversation in the Messages app. Now, tapping the message doesnt do anything. I have to close the preview and enter the Messages app from my home screen. Anyone else seeing this? Is this intended?

zulu1128

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I’m noticing I can’t enter a text thread from the text preview. Previously (on iOS 11) I was able to respond and view the most recent message via the text preview screen. If I wanted to enter the thread, I could tap the preview and it would take me into the full conversation in the Messages app. Now, tapping the message doesnt do anything. I have to close the preview and enter the Messages app from my home screen. Anyone else seeing this? Is this intended?

I’m getting this as well...assuming it’s a bug.

JMarkyBB

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Hiya,

Here are my point about iOS 12.

Thanks for this opportunity to beta test iOS 12, its a privilege to do so.

I have several issues going on.

1/ For me, quite often the keyboard is not as responsive as it as it should be, In iOS 11 it was the best keyboard that I have ever used on a mobile phone. Now when typing/tapping keys they are not as responsive as they used to be. I have no confidence in what I'm typing.

2/ Constant crashing as Alarms come through, phone goes into a black screen with a white wheel on the middle. I have 40 odd alerting me all day every day.

3/ "Do Not Disturb" is inconsistent in its behavior. I would also love for DND to be active when playing media, i.e. no interruptions. May be turning screen face down initiated complete silence visually and audio. Turning phone screen up initiated "Disappearing Notifications" & phone in hand initiated full notifications

4/ In alarms, I'd like One button to turn of all alarms at once, once all are off I can turn on what I want through out the day, or if each had a automatic on/off switch through out the day would be even more proactive. For example, "Have You Taken Your Medication today?" only to be active during one hour a day if my phone is in my hand or no playing media, is that to much?

5/ Asking "Hey Siri" is somtimes dormant and unresponsive.

6/ I'd like to see the Search/shortcuts action be initiated within the app, not from "Settings" & drilling down each Action.

Last edited:

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Hiya,

Here are my point about iOS 12.

Thanks for this opportunity to beta test iOS 12, its a privilege to do so.

I have several issues going on.

1/ For me, quite often the keyboard is not as responsive as it as it should be, In iOS 11 it was the best keyboard that I have ever used on a mobile phone. Now when typing/tapping keys they are not as responsive as they used to be. I have no confidence in what I'm typing.

2/ Constant crashing as Alarms come through, phone goes into a black screen with a white wheel on the middle. I have 40 odd alerting me all day every day.

3/ "Do Not Disturb" is inconsistent in its behavior. I would also love for DND to be active when playing media, i.e. no interruptions. May be turning screen face down initiated complete silence visually and audio. Turning phone screen up initiated "Disappearing Notifications" & phone in hand initiated full notifications

4/ In alarms, I'd like One button to turn of all alarms at once, once all are off I can turn on what I want through out the day, or if each had a automatic on/off switch through out the day would be even more proactive. For example, "Have You Taken Your Medication today?" only to be active during one hour a day if my phone is in my hand or no playing media, is that to much?

5/ Asking "Hey Siri" is somtimes dormant and unresponsive.

6/ I'd like to see the Search/shortcuts action be initiated within the app, not from "Settings" & drilling down each Action.

These things would best be submitted through the feedback app on your phone. It’s nice to know them here, but this is just an apple forum not apple themselves so there are little we can do here since I doubt any or maybe very few that are on here work at apple. It’s great to know your problems though!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Mine is doing the same. It may also be since I am not on the beta for my watch, just my iphone X.

Neither am I but it didn’t do this on the first 2 betas and it shouldn’t matter which OS your watch is on. It’s just a bug. Likely will be fixed with the next beta.

anon(6014961)

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Neither am I but it didn’t do this on the first 2 betas and it shouldn’t matter which OS your watch is on. It’s just a bug. Likely will be fixed with the next beta.

I’m on beta on my X, and not on beta on my watch, names still showing on my watch.

Nick Vis

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Well this build is a bug fest for my iPhone 7. Siri is a slow waker, Screen time cannot be turned off or altered from settings, just crashes the app. Cannot set live wallpapers, just get the spinning grey wheel.

wetermommy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Mine isn’t. It’s only showing phone numbers.

Mine was showing contact names up until about an hour ago. Now it’s just phone numbers. I’ve been using beta 12 for a few days, not an issue until now. (I’m not using a beta on my watch)

bmac360

Jun 27, 2018
Visit site
Message app is acting up for me. Having to force close it a lot of time to send a message or show me my new messages. Sent a report to Apple though so hopefully it will be fixed in the next one.
Also the keyboard has gone white a few times but still types when you hit it.

I am getting the same issue on my 6 Plus. I get the alert that I have a message, but I have to close and reopen to view them. I also submitted a report, glad to see that I am not the only one with this issue.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
c72bf0727b2dd49bcacbdae15743bf6c.png

Reset iPhone and Watch. Still get this message. Is this an iOS 12 issue or an Apple Watch update issue?

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
If you're on the iOS 12 beta, delete your beta profile from your iPhone, restart the phone (and the watch if you wish) and you should be able to update the watch with no problem. Worked for me and many others.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen