iOS 12 Dev beta 3

Luiz Brunner

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Live listen disappeared from my control center and no way to bring it back. Later I’ll try to unpair my AirPods to see if it helps. iPhone 7 Plus

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
You can. Settings - General - accessibility - reduce motion and switch it on

That's the first thing I do when setting up a new device. Mainly because of the shifting I see when moving the device around. I still see animations though. It's hard to describe unless you've seen a device that has zero animations. I suppose a comparison would be dropping a piece of paper off a table. Now imagine the paper falling in a perfect vacuum. It falls as fast as a hammer. ;)

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, remove from Bluetooth menu then reset your AirPods by holding the case button until amber light flashes and pair again

Weird. I just tried that. Went to the Control Center Settings and saw the Hear option. Added it, then it disappeared again.

Edit: Opened the case and it appeared again. Let’s see if it stays this time.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The first 15+ hours my battery has been less than stellar. Actually the worst yet of any 12 beta. It seems to drop faster while just in standby mode. I rebooted and will fully charge over night. See if it improves tomorrow.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have been running beta 3 for a whole half an hour and so far no issues with DnD resprings. Looks like it’s fixed.

I’ve never had these issues on my X & DND + Bedtime more has been activated since beta 1. Is there something specific you have to do to get it to respring?

The first 15+ hours my battery has been less than stellar. Actually the worst yet of any 12 beta. It seems to drop faster while just in standby mode. I rebooted and will fully charge over night. See if it improves tomorrow.

Hopefully it’ll be fine. My battery had only gone down 3% since I charged it almost 12 hours ago.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I’ve never had these issues on my X & DND + Bedtime more has been activated since beta 1. Is there something specific you have to do to get it to respring?

Hopefully it’ll be fine. My battery had only gone down 3% since I charged it almost 12 hours ago.

My battery has dropped 6% in 5 hours with VERY minimal use. I'm going to reboot and fully charge again and see what happens.

tuminish12

Jun 30, 2018
Visit site
Do you guys feel like the beta 3 is stable enough to install it on a device I use daily? I'd like to install it on my IPP. Unfortunately I dont own any devices I do not use on a daily basis...

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

It seemed like every time I unlocked my phone with DND + Bedtime mode it would respring. The issue seems to have been fixed in this latest beta, thank goodness

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Do you guys feel like the beta 3 is stable enough to install it on a device I use daily? I'd like to install it on my IPP. Unfortunately I dont own any devices I do not use on a daily basis...

Stable enough? Yes. Are there plenty of bugs? Yes. To me this is the worst beta yet though. Somebody else will tell you that this is the best beta yet. So really our opinion doesn’t matter. If your worried about issues, don’t load it. This is the beta life and things come along with it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve yet to experience a single re-spring with any of the iOS 12 betas to this point. My iPhone X runs like a champ and I’m running dev beta 3 as my daily driver. Still, with any beta version, mileage varies. Some have good experiences whereas others do not. With that being said, do “I” think it’s stable enough for daily use? Since “my” experience has been all positive, my answer is a resounding yes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2