How’s iOS 12 beta on iPad Mini 3?

duckduckgoose

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: How’s iOS 12 beta

Thinking of putting iOS 12 beta on my iPad mini 3. Anyone running it? How does it work? Smooth?

I tried to put it on my iPad mini3 last night but got an error message that it couldn’t be installed. It keeps telling me to retry but with the same result.
Anyone have this happen to them? And what steps do I take to fix this?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Very smooth, on my Mini 2. It feels like an official release! It’s also much more reliable and quick that iOS 11.4 Beta.

Really? I’ve been hesitant to even upgrade my mini 2 to iOS 11. It’s a little slow on 10 & I just did t want it to get slower.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Apple says lots of things that I don’t believe LOL

I am going to upgrade mine. Put my daughters iPhone 6 on the beta and it runs smoother than it did on 10. And it’s a beta so I know it’ll get even smoother as they go along. I’m really impressed w 12

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I am going to upgrade mine. Put my daughters iPhone 6 on the beta and it runs smoother than it did on 10. And it’s a beta so I know it’ll get even smoother as they go along. I’m really impressed w 12

I love 12. Been running the dev beta on my X since day 1. Just wasn’t sure about my iPad. I’m stubborn when it comes to iPads & I absolutely LOVE my mini & don’t want to be forced to upgrade to a regular sized one do to it being super slow. I might try it & see what happens. Worst case scenario is I’ll have to get a mini 4, since they still sell them.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I love 12. Been running the dev beta on my X since day 1. Just wasn’t sure about my iPad. I’m stubborn when it comes to iPads & I absolutely LOVE my mini & don’t want to be forced to upgrade to a regular sized one do to it being super slow. I might try it & see what happens. Worst case scenario is I’ll have to get a mini 4, since they still sell them.

I updated the 3. WAY faster and snappier. Glad I did it.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I updated the 3. WAY faster and snappier. Glad I did it.

I finally updated my iPad mini 2 & it was faster in public beta 1 than it is on 2. I feel like it’s slow again. I thought about installing dev beta 3 on it but I don’t know if I care that much to do it lol. My iPad has been slow ever since I left iOS 9 for 10🤷🏾*♀️