iOS 12 Public Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel_Burgin

Jul 1, 2018
Visit site
I have got it on my iPad 6 9.7 and iPhone 7plus and they both run like champs I’ve had a few issues with email and App Store but that’s all so far looking good there isn’t many changes like with iOS 11 but hey if it runs better then that’s all that matters

SvenJ

May 27, 2017
Visit site
I am on Public beta 2 (I guess) and having significant Navigation issues. Both Apple Maps and Google have trouble keeping up with my movement, have me off in location (off the street in the field), have a hard time correcting/recalcing when I don't follow the route, lose me entirely and then reacquire. If I'm sitting still, it does OK in location. As I said, it is both Apple and Google, suggesting it is the interface between the hardware and software. Anyone else seeing this, or similar. Right now I couldn't use my iPhone for navigation, it is that bad. (P.S. yes I submitted feedback)

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I am on Public beta 2 (I guess) and having significant Navigation issues. Both Apple Maps and Google have trouble keeping up with my movement, have me off in location (off the street in the field), have a hard time correcting/recalcing when I don't follow the route, lose me entirely and then reacquire. If I'm sitting still, it does OK in location. As I said, it is both Apple and Google, suggesting it is the interface between the hardware and software. Anyone else seeing this, or similar. Right now I couldn't use my iPhone for navigation, it is that bad. (P.S. yes I submitted feedback)

We’re still on public beta 1 but you’re issue with GPS will be fixed on the beta 2. I’m hoping it will be released tomorrow since developer beta 3 is already out.

SvenJ

May 27, 2017
Visit site
We’re still on public beta 1 but you’re issue with GPS will be fixed on the beta 2. I’m hoping it will be released tomorrow since developer beta 3 is already out.

Good to know. I didn't recall a public beta two but since dev 3 is out, and the public is usually only a few days after the dev, I figured I might have missed it somehow. First time a public beta has given me any significant issues. Been reading so much about fixing Maps, thought I'd check if it was just me, or a known issue.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
My iMessage appears to be messed up. My phone number no longer appears as a send/receiving address. This results in my conversations to others coming across as a different contact than my phone number. They are sent as my Apple ID, which creates a separate text thread on the recipients end. I've tried turning iMessage off and back on but that didn't resolve it. Anyone else noticing anything similar and have any possible solutions?

I've also submitted a bug report.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
My iMessage appears to be messed up. My phone number no longer appears as a send/receiving address. This results in my conversations to others coming across as a different contact than my phone number. They are sent as my Apple ID, which creates a separate text thread on the recipients end. I've tried turning iMessage off and back on but that didn't resolve it. Anyone else noticing anything similar and have any possible solutions?

I've also submitted a bug report.

It has either been covered in this thread or the developer thread. Think you have to cut iMessage on and off and restart your phone maybe?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It has either been covered in this thread or the developer thread. Think you have to cut iMessage on and off and restart your phone maybe?

Admittedly I only went back a few pages in this thread and didn't see it mentioned. I have tried cutting iMessage off and on, as I mentioned. I'm currently performing a network settings reset. I'll see if that resolves it.

Thank you.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Admittedly I only went back a few pages in this thread and didn't see it mentioned. I have tried cutting iMessage off and on, as I mentioned. I'm currently performing a network settings reset. I'll see if that resolves it.

Thank you.

I think it’s either off and on iMessage or maybe sign in and out of your Apple ID? Something like that. I remember seeing it somewhere and have had it happen to me before I think when I updated to iOS 9/10 but that’s been a while so I don’t remember the exacts on how to fi it but it’s reasonably simple.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I think it’s either off and on iMessage or maybe sign in and out of your Apple ID? Something like that. I remember seeing it somewhere and have had it happen to me before I think when I updated to iOS 9/10 but that’s been a while so I don’t remember the exacts on how to fi it but it’s reasonably simple.

Network reset fixed it. :yes:

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73