iOS 12 Public Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Filed a bug report for the no progress circle on app store updates and also the FitBit app will randomly crash back to the home screen at the end of a sync.

ncbrzll

May 12, 2018
Visit site
After few days of using public beta, I can say that my battery sucks too. Waiting for 2nd public beta to see the difference.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Should I factory reset my device while running ios 12 public beta? What iphone are you using? And how did you install the beta profile?

I have never done a clean installation of any iOS upgrade. Strictly OTA. I'm currently using an iPhone 8 and installed the profile from the Apple beta site. I'm not aware of other methods of installing the profile.

Daniel_Burgin

Jul 1, 2018
Visit site
I have it on my iPhone 7plus and my new 2018 ipad 9.7 and both running well few glitches on iPhone but iPad running great. It’s a lot faster on both devices and runs great

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have never done a clean installation of any iOS upgrade. Strictly OTA. I'm currently using an iPhone 8 and installed the profile from the Apple beta site. I'm not aware of other methods of installing the profile.

A clean install just means as new, not from a back up. It can be via iTunes or OTA.

bmac360

Jun 27, 2018
Visit site
Odd behavior in App Store when updating an app. The progress indicator is only a spinning gray circle - there's no actual progress indication to let you know if it's actually pulling the update or not (it IS, but it doesn't tell you it is).

Anyone else experiencing this?

View attachment 123406

Had the same thing happening. I did a hard reboot and I was able to download one app that I needed. Though it appears hit and miss, I was able to update on app, but I have 5 that are in the pending stage. So hope on the next release this will be fixed.

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Had the same thing happening. I did a hard reboot and I was able to download one app that I needed. Though it appears hit and miss, I was able to update on app, but I have 5 that are in the pending stage. So hope on the next release this will be fixed.

Curious - I've never had an app hang up and not actually download. I just don't get the progress indicator to be anything other than the spinning gray line. I know this has been reported to Apple, but as far as bugs go, it's not the worst thing. :)

joellts

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
Anyone experienced the issue of respond with text when a phone call coming in?
I tapped on the message icon and the call screen was gone and no way to answer the call or refuse the call.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Curious - I've never had an app hang up and not actually download. I just don't get the progress indicator to be anything other than the spinning gray line. I know this has been reported to Apple, but as far as bugs go, it's not the worst thing. :)

Same. Also if you go to the homescreen while they're updating you actually can see the normal progress on the app icon as it updates. It's just broken in the app store itself.

bmac360

Jun 27, 2018
Visit site

Agreed, I feel this first beta is so much better than any official 11 IOS. I was able to get all apps to update tonight, on Wi-Fi - so that is good. I will use this as a work around for now, which is an easy fix.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Yep. DND in nighttime mode is officially disabled for me. Tried it again tonight and it crashes every time I pick the phone up. Unfortunate because I enjoyed that feature. Allowed me to disconnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.