iOS 12 Public Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmac360

Jun 27, 2018
Visit site
Anyone tried on a 6 plus? Hoping it will speed my phone back up some like it was on iOS 10. 11 has been pretty buggy for me over the whole time, but I know upgrading to one of the last os has historically slowed my iphones way down (ios7 on my iPhone 4 was atrocious) so kinda torn on what I want to do.

I had the developer beta on my 6 plus. I was having some touch screen issues (hoping it is not the touch disease) so I reverted back to 11. In the short time I had it installed I did not notice anything that stood out. I am going to reinstall 12 tonight and start to take it for a spin. The 6 Plus is not my daily driver, I might pause if it was before installing.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah mine is my daily until my wife upgrades sometime this year then I will have her 7 plus (don’t really care to have the newest phone.) that’s the biggest thing that’s holding me up.
If you don’t mind please update after a while on how it’s running.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
How do I use split screen in iOS 12 on an iPad mini 4? It's not working.

It is just like iOS 11. While in an app, such as Safari, slide up the app bar, drag the app you want to use out and to the right until I opens in slide over. The app you want to use needs to be in the app bar.

Jared Sc

Jun 28, 2018
Visit site
Anyone else with 12 beta have a dark dock and folders. My friend who also has iOS 12 doesn’t. My color invert is not on either

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Had a little Portrait Mode weirdness tonight on my X. Maybe others were messed up too but was trying to do a portrait mode pic with studio lighting so I'm not sure. It would take the pic, but there would be no studio lighting processing and the camera display would then fuzz out until I force closed and re-opened. A reboot seemed to fix it. Anyone else seen this? Will be filing a feedback thing.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Are you saying it shows album titles, but they're empty? Or nothing at all?

hey I just wanted add something since my replies got buried. I updated my ipad as well and under My albums there is nothing there as well just camera roll. Is this just way ios 12 is ? like I thought I did something wrong. seeing as how my ipad did it just wondering if its how things work now.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
hey I just wanted add something since my replies got buried. I updated my ipad as well and under My albums there is nothing there as well just camera roll. Is this just way ios 12 is ? like I thought I did something wrong. seeing as how my ipad did it just wondering if its how things work now.

My albums have stuff in them. Not sure what happened in your case? I'm not using iCloud backup or anything though they're all stored locally so maybe that's it? I use Google Photos for backup.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Albums should be there. The stock ones for sure. Not sure what you can do. Maybe try Reset All Settings. I definitely would report it in the feedback app.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a question concerning the Do Not Disturb morning greeting screen. I have DND scheduled and Bedtime turned on. However, when I unplug my iPhone 8 in the morning (after the scheduled wake up time), I don't see the greeting message; it goes straight to my notifications. When does the greeting w/weather appear? At the scheduled wake up time and then disappear? Or should it appear when I take the phone off the charger? I usually don't look at my phone until after showering, etc. so should I adjust the wake up time? I'm a bit confused as to how this works. TIA.

ncbrzll

May 12, 2018
Visit site
I have a question concerning the Do Not Disturb morning greeting screen. I have DND scheduled and Bedtime turned on. However, when I unplug my iPhone 8 in the morning (after the scheduled wake up time), I don't see the greeting message; it goes straight to my notifications. When does the greeting w/weather appear? At the scheduled wake up time and then disappear? Or should it appear when I take the phone off the charger? I usually don't look at my phone until after showering, etc. so should I adjust the wake up time? I'm a bit confused as to how this works. TIA.

I think the location services should be turned on for this.

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I find if I get a notification after dnd turns off then when I pick up the phone, it won’t show the weather widget. Otherwise it’s fine.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I find if I get a notification after dnd turns off then when I pick up the phone, it won’t show the weather widget. Otherwise it’s fine.

I noticed the same thing. Most of the time I’m picking up my phone when DND turns off so it works out fine. But sometimes I’ll get a notification that’ll screw everything up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro