iOS 12 Developer Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
GPS NOT WORKING UPDATE/WORKAROUND: I haven’t tried navigation just yet, but this gets a solid fix on my location. Keep wifi turned on even when not connected.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
GPS NOT WORKING UPDATE/WORKAROUND: I haven’t tried navigation just yet, but this gets a solid fix on my location. Keep wifi turned on even when not connected.

I paid top dollar for my iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Gold to use it, not to cripple it by disabling features. I’d have bought a flip phone then.
Moral of the story, don’t disable stuff.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I paid top dollar for my iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Gold to use it, not to cripple it by disabling features. I’d have bought a flip phone then.

what are you disabling? The workaround was to leave WiFi on... not off? I'm confused...

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I always have WiFi turned on and today it was about 2 miles off on my location.

Interesting, someone else said the same thing. I always turn my wifi off during the day because I’m almost never in an area with usable wifi so it’s just a battery drain for me. But turning it on makes my GPS accurate again and I can use navigation. I used it while driving 5 hours back home today.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Interesting, someone else said the same thing. I always turn my wifi off during the day because I’m almost never in an area with usable wifi so it’s just a battery drain for me. But turning it on makes my GPS accurate again and I can use navigation. I used it while driving 5 hours back home today.

Yeah I never turn WiFi off. My battery gets me through the day and I don’t notice really any standby drain at all. Most times my GPS is still accurate but there is that 20% of the time it’s a couple miles off like today.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

I have unlimited data and no need for WiFi and as such I leave WiFi disabled. Why have radios enabled that drain your battery if they aren’t necessary?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have unlimited data and no need for WiFi and as such I leave WiFi disabled. Why have radios enabled that drain your battery if they aren’t necessary?

Because in my experience said drain is only worth like 15 to 20 minutes of OST.
In other words, I’d be able to use my device 20 minutes longer on a full charge if I did disable such stuff.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

WiFi radio isn’t actually disabled when you turn it off. Bigger battery drain is actually from your cellular radio, remember how long those iPod touches used to last.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

WiFi radio drains the battery? If I’m at home and have a reliable connection to my WiFi why would that drain the battery? Even if I had unlimited data I’d take a reliable and speedy WiFi connection over cellular data since the radio for cellular is constantly trying to keep as good as connection as it can to a tower. That drains battery, in my experience.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had a few random resprings, but otherwise still very pleased with this release.
They happen typically when using apps, including the stock apps. I was swiping out of messages yesterday when the screen went black, spinning wheel for about a minute, then the phone came back.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had a few random resprings, but otherwise still very pleased with this release.
They happen typically when using apps, including the stock apps. I was swiping out of messages yesterday when the screen went black, spinning wheel for about a minute, then the phone came back.

I also had quite a few resprings, mainly happening with DND and Bedtime mode enabled. Very annoying to say the least

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I also had quite a few resprings, mainly happening with DND and Bedtime mode enabled. Very annoying to say the least

Yep, same happened to me too.
I think this should be a feature instead of a bug. That way you won’t be as eager to use your phone as much as if the bug wasn’t there, therefore you’ll sleep more and function better in the morning. #wishful thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro