iOS 12 Developer Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Siri was acting a little wonky today. It was difficult to use Hey Siri to place calls using the Bluetooth hands free in my Toyota. It would pause after “Hey Siri” and tell me it was thinking, or that it was having trouble hearing me. This has never been an issue before.

The Bluetooth in the Toyota Entune system has always been problematic, and had difficulty staying connected to the iPhone. But the issue I’m dealing with now is new.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It is running very smooth for me as well on my X. I can’t believe how much of a speed boost this has been. It’s nuts!!
I know, right? My iPhone and MacBook Pro and my Watch are fast as heck running the latest dev betas. Kudos to Apple, for sure.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to all for their comments, I have taken the plunge and loaded on my X. Man, this is super fast and super stable!

apbthe3

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I’m debating taking the plunge but the GPS issue has me waiting. I’m seeing conflicting information elsewhere, can anyone confirm whether GPS is still wonky on the iPhone X?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I keep getting this in my notifications. No way to get rid of it unless I reboot. But then it’s comes back again within a few hours. So far this is the only annoying issue with beta 2. It never happened on beta 1.

48b31dd72165b30593c4fe2ab2f4738c.png

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I’m debating taking the plunge but the GPS issue has me waiting. I’m seeing conflicting information elsewhere, can anyone confirm whether GPS is still wonky on the iPhone X?

It really depends on the person. It seems the best way to avoid it is to download the update to your computer and do a clean install on your phone. Which means reinstalling your apps and logging into everything again. GPS is still weird for me in beta 2 personally. It is a little better though, but not quite right.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

If your debating over something can be an important issue to you, the simple thing is to stay away. It’s a beta for a reason. Just don’t expect a perfect OS. And they will break things along the way as they fix other things. It’s the beta life.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Haven’t had that happen yet. I’ll be on the look out

I’m almost certain it’s something that I do within my regular daily usage that causes it. It’s obviously a bug but it can be annoying since my notifications get shoved below that. Just trying to figure out what triggers it.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I’m almost certain it’s something that I do within my regular daily usage that causes it. It’s obviously a bug but it can be annoying since my notifications get shoved below that. Just trying to figure out what triggers it.

Looks like it’s about the size of the music playing holder.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Finally installed last night & it’s definitely snappier than beta 1, which is very surprising. I can’t wait to really take a look at everything.

Just updated both my iPhone7 and my iPad Air to Beta 2. Both are asking me to update my Apple ID Phone Number but they are both just spinning wheels. Any one else?

I had this happen to me yesterday. Once I installed beta 2, it went away.

I’m not sure why some are having GPS issues and others aren’t. I haven’t experienced any GPS issues. I even used Maps this morning because someone said they had issues with this beta & it works perfectly. I’m in NYC.

I keep getting this in my notifications. No way to get rid of it unless I reboot. But then it’s comes back again within a few hours. So far this is the only annoying issue with beta 2. It never happened on beta 1.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180621/48b31dd72165b30593c4fe2ab2f4738c.png

Hmmmm...that’s odd! Haven’t seen that one.

mateen5997

Jun 21, 2018
Visit site
Finally installed last night & it’s definitely snappier than beta 1, which is very surprising. I can’t wait to really take a look at everything.

I had this happen to me yesterday. Once I installed beta 2, it went away.

I’m not sure why some are having GPS issues and others aren’t. I haven’t experienced any GPS issues. I even used Maps this morning because someone said they had issues with this beta & it works perfectly. I’m in NYC.

Hmmmm...that’s odd! Haven’t seen that one.

Try uninstalling music app. It solved my problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox