GPS NOT WORKING UPDATE/WORKAROUND: I haven’t tried navigation just yet, but this gets a solid fix on my location. Keep wifi turned on even when not connected.
    I paid top dollar for my iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Gold to use it, not to cripple it by disabling features. I’d have bought a flip phone then.
    Moral of the story, don’t disable stuff.
    06-27-2018 09:38 AM
    I paid top dollar for my iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Gold to use it, not to cripple it by disabling features. I’d have bought a flip phone then.
    what are you disabling? The workaround was to leave WiFi on... not off? I'm confused...
    06-27-2018 05:10 PM
    GPS NOT WORKING UPDATE/WORKAROUND: I haven’t tried navigation just yet, but this gets a solid fix on my location. Keep wifi turned on even when not connected.
    I always have WiFi turned on and today it was about 2 miles off on my location.
    06-27-2018 05:43 PM
    what are you disabling? The workaround was to leave WiFi on... not off? I'm confused...
    My thoughts exactly
    06-27-2018 05:43 PM
    I always have WiFi turned on and today it was about 2 miles off on my location.
    Interesting, someone else said the same thing. I always turn my wifi off during the day because I’m almost never in an area with usable wifi so it’s just a battery drain for me. But turning it on makes my GPS accurate again and I can use navigation. I used it while driving 5 hours back home today.
    06-27-2018 08:14 PM
    Interesting, someone else said the same thing. I always turn my wifi off during the day because I’m almost never in an area with usable wifi so it’s just a battery drain for me. But turning it on makes my GPS accurate again and I can use navigation. I used it while driving 5 hours back home today.
    Yeah I never turn WiFi off. My battery gets me through the day and I don’t notice really any standby drain at all. Most times my GPS is still accurate but there is that 20% of the time it’s a couple miles off like today.
    06-27-2018 08:17 PM
    I’m not disabling anything. I’m asking openly why anyone wants to disable stuff.
    06-27-2018 10:16 PM
    I have unlimited data and no need for WiFi and as such I leave WiFi disabled. Why have radios enabled that drain your battery if they aren’t necessary?
    06-27-2018 10:32 PM
    I have unlimited data and no need for WiFi and as such I leave WiFi disabled. Why have radios enabled that drain your battery if they aren’t necessary?
    Because in my experience said drain is only worth like 15 to 20 minutes of OST.
    In other words, I’d be able to use my device 20 minutes longer on a full charge if I did disable such stuff.
    06-27-2018 10:36 PM
    WiFi radio isn’t actually disabled when you turn it off. Bigger battery drain is actually from your cellular radio, remember how long those iPod touches used to last.
    06-27-2018 11:08 PM
    WiFi radio isn’t actually disabled when you turn it off. Bigger battery drain is actually from your cellular radio, remember how long those iPod touches used to last.
    I specifically go into settings to shut it off, I hate that I can’t do that from control center anymore.
    06-27-2018 11:17 PM
    WiFi radio drains the battery? If I’m at home and have a reliable connection to my WiFi why would that drain the battery? Even if I had unlimited data I’d take a reliable and speedy WiFi connection over cellular data since the radio for cellular is constantly trying to keep as good as connection as it can to a tower. That drains battery, in my experience.
    ladyc0524 and nikkisharif like this.
    06-27-2018 11:35 PM
    I've had a few random resprings, but otherwise still very pleased with this release.
    They happen typically when using apps, including the stock apps. I was swiping out of messages yesterday when the screen went black, spinning wheel for about a minute, then the phone came back.
    06-28-2018 04:51 AM
    I've had a few random resprings, but otherwise still very pleased with this release.
    They happen typically when using apps, including the stock apps. I was swiping out of messages yesterday when the screen went black, spinning wheel for about a minute, then the phone came back.
    I also had quite a few resprings, mainly happening with DND and Bedtime mode enabled. Very annoying to say the least
    swarlos likes this.
    06-28-2018 06:28 AM
    I also had quite a few resprings, mainly happening with DND and Bedtime mode enabled. Very annoying to say the least
    Yep, same happened to me too.
    I think this should be a feature instead of a bug. That way you won’t be as eager to use your phone as much as if the bug wasn’t there, therefore you’ll sleep more and function better in the morning. #wishful thinking
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    06-28-2018 09:47 AM
    I’m not disabling anything. I’m asking openly why anyone wants to disable stuff.
    ah, got it.. thanks...
    06-28-2018 02:29 PM
    So  Pay cash isn’t working.
    06-29-2018 12:30 AM
    So  Pay cash isn’t working.
    That’s a new feature. As you know the new line of iPhones will be announced in September and  helps you to save some money
    06-29-2018 03:21 AM
    Yes, but it only happens with DND enabled.
    Mine happened when I was swiping out of messages, but without DND enabled.
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-29-2018 06:22 AM
    WiFi radio drains the battery? If I’m at home and have a reliable connection to my WiFi why would that drain the battery? Even if I had unlimited data I’d take a reliable and speedy WiFi connection over cellular data since the radio for cellular is constantly trying to keep as good as connection as it can to a tower. That drains battery, in my experience.
    I agree. Cellular connection drains battery at a higher rate than the wifi radio does. But my cellular connection is always greater than my WiFi connection so I prefer to operate on the cellular network. This being the case, it seems pointless to leave the WiFi radio enabled when I'm not going to use it. I would imagine my device searching for available networks does have adverse affects on the battery. Even if marginal ones.
    06-29-2018 09:47 AM
    I would imagine my device searching for available networks does have adverse affects on the battery. Even if marginal ones.
    I wonder if that adverse effect is the same with “Ask to Join Networks” enabled as disabled.
    06-29-2018 10:19 AM
    I agree. Cellular connection drains battery at a higher rate than the wifi radio does. But my cellular connection is always greater than my WiFi connection so I prefer to operate on the cellular network. This being the case, it seems pointless to leave the WiFi radio enabled when I'm not going to use it. I would imagine my device searching for available networks does have adverse affects on the battery. Even if marginal ones.
    However, since leaving WiFi on is used for location services (through triangulation of location of known WiFi access points), and the GPS radio is much worse on battery than WiFi (it can take minutes to get a full lock with three satellites, and as you move it is constantly re-connecting), it might be better on battery to leave WiFi on. (That said, cell radio locations are also used for assisted GPS/location services, so it may be about the same.)

I also always turn off "ask to join networks" so I don't get prompted all the time. But I don't think that the BT and WiFi radios use all that much power when you are not actually connected. But if you are paranoid about somebody tracking you via the WiFi MAC address, maybe it's better to leave off (but then I would hope you leave off the cellular radio, because that's a dead giveaway.)
    06-29-2018 10:37 AM
    Now getting the double empty music player. Never had this happen on beta 1. I’m seeing many people talk about this on their YouTube reviews of beta 2. I really hope this is fixed in beta 3 because my notifications get buried under this and only way to get rid of it is a reboot. I had less issues with beta 1 overall.
    06-29-2018 11:16 AM
    Now getting the double empty music player. Never had this happen on beta 1. I’m seeing many people talk about this on their YouTube reviews of beta 2. I really hope this is fixed in beta 3 because my notifications get buried under this and only way to get rid of it is a reboot. I had less issues with beta 1 overall.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...51f3032833.png
    Maybe it’s only on the iPhone X? I have yet to experience this on my 7 Plus.
    06-29-2018 12:37 PM
    Maybe it’s only on the iPhone X? I have yet to experience this on my 7 Plus.
    I think so. Only people Ive seen to report it have the X.
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-29-2018 12:38 PM
188 ... 45678