Siri can't find the businesses in my contacts

Barbara013

Jun 16, 2018
Visit site
Every time I say "Siri, dial..." like Discount Tires, a business that is in my contacts as a business, Siri then says: "If you turn on location services I can help you find..." I have to enter my businesses in as people. Ideas?

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How do you have the business name entered on the contact card? Can you show a screenshot of one of the business's contact card?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have had trouble with every business. I have changed them one at a time to all "people." Tanks

That's odd. I tested a few businesses on mine, and Siri does them fine. If they have odd spelling, as with the restaurant, maybe Siri doesn't get the pronunciation.

Barbara013

Jun 16, 2018
Visit site
No, She doesn’t get ANY. Discount Tiress, Superior Physical Therapy…. LOTS/Any. Drives me nuts! And have reset my phone, etc. Thanks, though

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
No, She doesn’t get ANY. Discount Tiress, Superior Physical Therapy…. LOTS/Any. Drives me nuts! And have reset my phone, etc. Thanks, though

This is just a shot in the dark but I’m noticing you have the business name listed twice on your contact card. Try removing one of them and listing the business name only in the “Company” field of the contact card, leaving the first and last name fields empty.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

How and where do you enter the business name? Do you enter it twice on 2 lines, or only once on the "Company" line? If the latter, remove the business name, then manually enter the business name on the top line, rather than the Company line.

Barbara013

Jun 16, 2018
Visit site
That's just how the page shows it. When I go to edit, it IS only on the Business line. I only entered businesses on the business line, although now that Siri won't dial them, I am going in as they snag and editing them to the Name lines - "turning them into people." thanks

I am changing them all over to just the name line - that's why I mean when I "change them into people."

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That's just how the page shows it. When I go to edit, it IS only on the Business line. I only entered businesses on the business line, although now that Siri won't dial them, I am going in as they snag and editing them to the Name lines - "turning them into people." thanks

I am changing them all over to just the name line - that's why I mean when I "change them into people."

I see. That's how I did mine, and Siri has no problem with it. I tested entering the business name on the Company line only, and it works there for me as well. Siri asks to confirm the call, but it works. I'm still on iOS 10.1.1. So there's that.

Barbara013

Jun 16, 2018
Visit site
I will call Apple when it really ticks me off again me some day. I'm on 10.3.3, the "most current update" for my 5S. It has always done this. :). Thanks,

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I just updated and backed up today, and it is 10.3.3 "up to date."

Are you SURE it’s not an iPhone 5? Go to Settings > General > About, then scroll down to Model (if it lists something other than an A plus four digits tap on the model number).

iPhone 5 model numbers are A1428, A1429, A1442
iPhone 5s model numbers are A1453, A1457, A1518, A1528,
A1530, A1533

A noticeable difference between the two is the home button. The 5s has Touch ID so the home button has a metallic ring around it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit