It's been over a week since the iOS 12 dev beta dropped....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like the title states, it's been over a week since iOS 12 Dev Beta 1 dropped. With that in mind, if you've installed it, will you keep it installed or will you return to the latest iOS 11 version? Was for me, you know I'm keeping it installed....:cool:...unless, of course, it all of a sudden starts freakin' my phone out or something.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Like the title states, it's been over a week since iOS 12 Dev Beta 1 dropped. With that in mind, if you've installed it, will you keep it installed or will you return to the latest iOS 11 version? Was for me, you know I'm keeping it installed.......unless, of course, it all of a sudden starts freakin' my phone out or something.

I have wintered through the first betas of iOS 11 without major issues. I’m fairly confident this beta will be even easier to keep on my iPhone.
No, sir, there is no going back, at least not for me.

Same goes for watchOS by the way.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Of course I'm keeping it installed. The GPS issue is my biggest issue with the current beta and I see no reason why it wouldnt be fixed in beta 2.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'll be keeping it installed, I get great battery life and every thing seems to just work much smoother for me.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I’m keeping it. And that’s only because I put the beta on my watch so I have no other choice. I refuse to send my watch to Apple so I’m stuck like Chuck🤣

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I’m keeping it on my X. Going to go back to iOS 11 on my Air 2. I need at least one device to have my banking app work on.

judgetom

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Returning back to iOS 11.4 - need my banking apps running and also 3 business related apps (email decryption is one of those not running) 🤨

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Just gonna roll with it all summer on my X since I don’t use it much. I’ve kept my 8 Plus on iOS 11 and will probably wait until public launch.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I’m going for a 1700 mile drive now and am very curious how GPS will hold up during the trip.

If anything, I still have my father’s iPhone X on iOS 11 to fall back to, if need be.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I’m going for a 1700 mile drive now and am very curious how GPS will hold up during the trip.

If anything, I still have my father’s iPhone X on iOS 11 to fall back to, if need be.

I’ve used GPS a bunch with no issues. Just remember if you hit an ocean you’ve gone too far.