How many of you.....

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Are not installing the developer / beta and waiting for the official release?

Me. It's just a personal choice. I've never been one of those must-have-the-latest-and-greatest people. I'll let everyone else work out the bugs so I'll have a smooth transition.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not installing it at this time. May that change in the future? Possibly. But I only have one iPhone and with kids and a family, I depend on my device to work consistently. I had an issue running the last beta that rendered my phone inoperable for a while until I could restore. I can't run that risk, so for now I'm holding off.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Me too. Each of the last two years I installed the iOS 10 and 11 public betas a few weeks before release, but, remembering the early bugs that were quickly patched in the first few weeks of each when they were stable released, I'm considering staying on iOS 11 until 12.1[SUP]1[/SUP] comes out for my phone (i.e., I'll skip all of 12.0.x). I have an X, so the performance improvements of 12 aren't that critical for me. However, I'll probably install the stable 12 as soon as it's ready on my iPad Mini 4, again, for the performance advantages.

[SUP]1[/SUP]​ Then again, I may change my mind and wait for the first patch, or at least wait until it hits my phone.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Me!!! I only have one iPhone and want to wait until until September. It's really great to follow those who have downloaded it. It seems as there is alot to look forward to.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I clearly don’t fall into this category because I pretty much use an iOS beta version year round....

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
From what I've read so far... I might have to hold off on the public beta until the official release. Only due to FaceTime.

I've read that when on iOS 12 beta you cannot FaceTime with someone on an earlier iOS. Unless I decide to keep my iPad on 11 and install 12 beta on my X when available.

My kiddos love to FaceTime with family.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I've read that when on iOS 12 beta you cannot FaceTime with someone on an earlier iOS.

Just this afternoon I had a FaceTime call with a friend of mine who is on the latest official release.
I’m on iOS 12 beta 1 myself.

Whatever you’ve read is not true.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I usually wait until the 2nd/3rd public beta before installing. By then, most of the major bugs are usually worked out. Most likely will do the same this time around. Mainly doing it for the grouped notifications more than anything else.

Kilwillie

May 4, 2017
Visit site

Me. It's just a personal choice. I've never been one of those must-have-the-latest-and-greatest people. I'll let everyone else work out the bugs so I'll have a smooth transition.

Same here!

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Super tempted to install the betas but will end up waiting... too risky and my X is my main and only phone and iOS device. Not worth the risk. Hopefully I can hold out... lol

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
The problem I found when installing a beta was some of my apps didn't work.
I'll be waiting for the official release this time.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Kinda funny I came from the Android world of Google devices, rooted and rom'ed, where I was updating and tweaking all the time. I guess I just came to love the stability of iOS in its public released from.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW