iOS 12 Developer Beta 1

apbthe3

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have trouble with Netflix using iOS 12? For some reason this afternoon the app wouldn’t launch on my X or iPad Pro. I reinstalled the app on my phone and it says my user and password are wrong even though it isn’t. I’ve changed all of our devices to 12 so I can’t see if it’s an iOS issue or just something on Netflix’s end. It was working fine until today and I have been running iOS 12 for a week now.

I just tried it on my iPhone 6 and also got an incorrect password message. Works fine on my non-beta devices.

patton4549

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know where they have moved synced photo album in the photos app? I can find the albums when I do a search in the photos app but nothing under albums. If this isn’t a bug kinda a step back I. That department. I don’t want to have to search for albums

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Installed the beta on my kids 7 plus and 6s and its working great. The "Parent God Mode" feature is AWESOME. We tested limiting app usage and it worked great!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The beta has been treating me very good. Maps is flawless, gestures and everything is still snappy, & notifications are more manageable now that they are stacked again. The only issue I’ve encountered was not being able to close FaceTime after the call ended...had to do a hard reboot. Other than that I haven’t noticed any issues.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The beta has been treating me very good. Maps is flawless, gestures and everything is still snappy, & notifications are more manageable now that they are stacked again. The only issue I’ve encountered was not being able to close FaceTime after the call ended...had to do a hard reboot. Other than that I haven’t noticed any issues.

Yep, it’s not causing a disruption with anything I do on a daily basis and I’m very grateful for that. Heck, by the time it’s officially released, I’ll be ready for iOS 13....

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I am not as lucky as others. GPS is worse than ever for me. I have to use Google Maps on my Moto for directions right now.

I had this problem. Found out the solution.

Do an encrypted backup in iTunes.
Download restore image from apple developer site
Restore iPhone using DFU mode.

After I did this, my GPS locked on with zero issues.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem. Found out the solution.

Do an encrypted backup in iTunes.
Download restore image from apple developer site
Restore iPhone using DFU mode.

After I did this, my GPS locked on with zero issues.

He doesn’t know how to do those.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
My experience with the beta 1 so has been bad. I have restored my phone 3 times in the last two days. My phone has been shutting off my video feed for facetime after about 2 min and tells the person I have poor connection. Once that happens, the device would heat up and start functioning poorly the completely freeze . Maybe 3rd time is the charm. So far not heating issues. But still getting facetime poor connection issues to the person I'm calling.

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
My experience with the beta 1 so has been bad. I have restored my phone 3 times in the last two days. My phone has been shutting off my video feed for facetime after about 2 min and tells the person I have poor connection. Once that happens, the device would heat up and start functioning poorly the completely freeze . Maybe 3rd time is the charm. So far not heating issues. But still getting facetime poor connection issues to the person I'm calling.

Geez,

Been smooth for me except the GPS issue, which was corrected after a restore. Which device are you using it on?

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a question for iPad users, notably iPad Pro 10.5 users. How do you like the new gestures? I saw a video of the new gestures and I dont think I'd like them. I'm used to the swipe up short to bring up the dock, and swipe up longer to bring up the open apps. Now it seems these gestures are different with on being swipe down from top right to open control panel.. Just trying to gauge peoples reactions to these changes with multi-tasking,etc.